29, 2006, the International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants, an independent standard-setting board within the International Federation of Accountants, released an exposure draft containing significant revisions to the independence standards of the IFAC Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants (the IFAC Code).
What does IFAC stand for?
IFAC stands for International Federation of Accountants
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of IFAC
We have 52 other meanings of IFAC in our Acronym Attic
- International Footbag Advisory Board (sport)
- International Football Association Board (UK)
- Internet for Absolute Beginners
- Intestinal Fatty Acid Binding (protein)
- International Federation of Audit Bureaux of Circulations
- I Found A Bug, Call The Exterminator
- Intestinal Fatty Acid Binding Protein
- Industry Functional Advisory Committee
- Institut de Formation par Alternance Consulaire (French: Institute of Alternate Consular Training)
- Institut de La Fondation d'Acupuncture du Canada (Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute)
- International Federation of Automatic Control
- International Federation of Automation Control
- International Folk Alliance Conference
- International Food Additives Council
- International Foundation for Arts and Culture
- Irvine Fine Arts Center (California)
- Instrumented Fast Reactor Accelerated Component - Sheath Insulator
- International Federation of Arts Councils and Culture Agencies
- Institut Français de l'Audit et du Contrôle Interne (French)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Stavros Thomadakis, chairman of the Public Interest Oversight Board, at an International Federation of Accountants board meeting in New York, July 29.
The International Federation of Accountants has issued an exposure draft on the reporting of budgeted--and actual--financial information in general purpose financial statements.
The International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) approved International Standard on Auditing 230 (Revised), Audit Documentation.
A recent study commissioned by the Board of the International Federation of Accountants identifies the following challenges, among others, to adopting and implementing International Financial Reporting Standards and International Standards on Auditing: * Developing standards that are capable of translation and establishing processes that facilitate high quality translations of the standard to effectively accommodate non-native English speakers; * Frequency, volume and complexity of changes to the standards; and * Challenges for small and medium-sized entities and accounting firms; For more, visit www.
Changes to the standard on audit reports requiring auditors to clearly state the financial reporting framework being used to prepare the financial statements have been proposed by the International Federation of Accountants.
Herz's other activities, he chaired the AICPA SEC Regulations Committee and the Transnational Auditors Committee of the International Federation of Accountants, and served as a member of the Emerging Issues Task Force, the FASB Financial Instruments Task Force, the American Accounting Association's Financial Accounting Standards Committee, the SEC Practice Section Executive Committee of the AICPA, and the International Capital Markets Advisory Committee of the New York Stock Exchange.
The GAA's focus is to work with key regulators as they address international issues and jointly develop positions for more effective advocacy to the International Federation of Accountants.