In response to the July announcement of the upcoming leap second by the International Earth Rotation Service, Analytical Graphics, Inc.
What does IERS stand for?
IERS stands for International Earth Rotation Service (now International Earth Rotation and Reference Systems Service)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IERS
We have 7 other meanings of IERS in our Acronym Attic
- Iowa Equine Rescue Network (Cedar Rapids, IA)
- Iglesia Evangelica del Rio de la Plata (Spanish: Evangelical Church of the Rio de la Plata; Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Independent Expert Review Panel (various organizations)
- Interzone Routing Protocol
- ICCAT (International Commission for the Conservation of Atlantic Tunas) Enhanced Research Program for Billfish
- Inland Empire Residential Resources (Spokane, WA)
- Internal Economic Rate of Return
- International Earth Rotation and Reference Systems Service (timekeeping group)
- Interagency Electronic Reporting System (Alaska)
- International Earth Rotation and Reference Systems Service (formerly International Earth Rotation Service)
- International Environmental Rating System
- Institute of Environmental Research and Sustainable Development (est. 1842; Greece)
- Institute for Environmental Research and Social Education (India)
- Incident and Emergency Response Team
- Institute for Education by Radio-Television (est. 1930)
- Institute of Engineering and Rural Technology (India)
- Institute of Experimental Rocket Technology (RCS Rocket Motor Components, Inc.)
- Institutional Emergency Response Team (Correctional Service Canada)
- INCOSE Education and Research Technical Committee
- Installation Emergency Responder Training Course (US Army)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The International Earth Rotation Service now periodically inserts leap seconds into days to keep the calendar in time with the rotation of the Earth.