Over the last decade, the International Council of Nurses (ICN) has been seeking change to its membership structure and subscription ("dues") model.
What does ICN stand for?
ICN stands for International Council of Nurses (Conseil International des Infirmières)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ICN
We have 187 other meanings of ICN in our Acronym Attic
- Interconnecting CCS Network (Telcordia)
- Interface Change Notice
- Interface Control Net (US DoD)
- Interim Change Notice
- Internal Call Notification (telecommunications)
- Internal Control Number
- International Competition Network
- International Computer Network (data management company)
- International Conference on Networking
- International Congress of Nutrition
- International CUG Number (ANSI, ITU-T)
- Interstitial Cystitis Network
- Invoice Control Number (billing)
- Iowa Communications Network
- Islamic Center of Naperville
- Item Control Number
- International Conference on Networking and the International Conference on Systems
- Industrial Chemicals Notification and Assessment Act (Australia; 1989)
- Infection Control Nurses Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Dr Fariba al-Darazi, regional adviser, nursing and allied health at the World Health Organisation (WHO), and Fadwa Affara from the International Council of Nurses, gave lectures at the workshops.
Later on Geneva based International Council of Nurses decided to celebrate the date as International Nurses Day.
In June 2010, seven international organisations endorsed the four-page policy brief that summarises the conclusions of the consultation: the International Confederation of Midwives, International Council of Nurses, and International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO), International Planned Parenthood Federation, Marie Stopes International, UNFPA, and the World Bank.
The International Council of Nurses (ICN) celebrates the day around the world on May 12, since 1965 to pay homage to this noble profession despite the fact that their job is still considered to be one of the most low-paid and thankless.
Prepared by the International Council of Nurses and the Florence Nightingale International Foundation (FNIF) to mark FNIF's 75th anniversary, this modern edition extends Nightingale's reach to new generations of family home caregivers.
The International Council of Nurses and Sigma Theta Tau International have released the Coaching in Nursing Workbook as a free, hands-on guide that can be used to teach nurses coaching principles and skills.
The International Council of Nurses (ICN) and Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI) were co-sponsors of the conference.