It has approved the Research Council's plan to merge the International Council for Science and the International Social Science Council.
What does ICSU stand for?
ICSU stands for International Council for Science
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ICSU
We have 15 other meanings of ICSU in our Acronym Attic
- Institutul de Cercetare Stiintifica si Tehnologica Multidisciplinara (Romanian: Scientific and Technological Institute of Multidisciplinary Research)
- International Conference on Systems Thinking in Management
- International Conference on Solvo-Thermal Reactions
- International Coating Science and Technology Symposium
- Idaho Commons and Student Union (University of Idaho; Moscow, ID)
- Integrated Channel Service Unit
- Integrated Combat Systems University (martial arts; Victorville, CA)
- Integrated Commissioning and Start Up (oil exploration)
- Interactive Compilation System Upgrade
- Internal Channel Service Unit
- International Council of Scientific Unions (also seen as CIUC)
- ICSU (International Council for Science) World Data System
- International Council of Scientific Unions (Paris, France; est. 1931)
- Internal Carotid Systolic Velocity (vascular medicine)
- International Congress on Sound and Vibration
- Intestinal Contents Supernatant Viscosity (digestion)
- International Centre for the Study of Violence and Abuse
- Institute for Clinical Social Work (Chicago, IL)
- International Center for Spirit at Work (est. 1993; East Haven, CT)
- International Commission on Surface Water
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Council also approved The Research Council's joining both the International Council for Science and the International Social Science Council.
Moreau, Member of the Executive Committee of the International Council for Science ("ICSU"), former President of IUPAC, and Prof.
It was sponsored and coordinated by the International Council for Science (ICSU) and the World Meteorological Organization (WMO).
A series of conferences sponsored by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), the United Nations Environment Program and the International Council for Science led to the establishment of an Advisory Group on Greenhouse Gases in 1985 and ultimately the establishment of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) in 1988, which is the formal mechanism by which studies concerning human-induced climate change are reviewed by experts with the goal of providing an objective evaluation to policy makers.
This volume is part of a series for the Scientific Committee on Problems of the Environment (SCOPE), International Council for Science.
SCAR is an interdisciplinary committee of the International Council for Science charged with facilitating and coordinating international scientific research in the Antarctic region.
The focal point of the meeting was a well-received talk on "Chemistry in Asia" by Goverdhan Mehta of the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, and the incoming president of the International Council for Science.