July 10-14, 2012 The International Committee for the History of Technology will host its 39th annual symposium in Barcelona, Spain.
What does ICOHTEC stand for?
ICOHTEC stands for International Committee for the History of Technology
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Independent Church of God - Sabbath Fellowship Group (Portsmouth, OH)
- Intercountry Centre for Oral Health (various locations)
- International Commission on Occupational Health (Rome, Italy)
- International Communities of Healing (Torture Abolition and Survivors Support Coalition International; Washington, DC)
- International Congress on Occupational Health (International Commission on Occupational Health conference)
- International College of Healing Arts (Binghamton, NY)
- International Conference on Handwriting and Drawing (Paris, France)
- International Center for Ocean and Human Health (Bermuda Biological Station for Research)
- International College of Herbal Medicine
- International Clinical, Operational and Health Services Research and Training Award
- Imperial Court Of Iowa
- Institutional Conflict of Interest (various universities)
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Institutional Conflict of Interest Committee (various locations)
- International Catholic Organizations Information Center (New York, NY)
- I'm Coming Out International Expo (Sacramento, CA)
- International Conference of Itinerant Evangelists
- International Conference on Information Networking
- International Conference on Outsourcing of Information Services
- International Court of Justice
Samples in periodicals archive:
95 Hardcover TP272 Just as in the previous Gunpowder: The History of an International Technology, this work presents papers from symposia held under the auspices of the International Committee for the History of Technology examining the history of the technology of explosives manufacture, but this time broadening the topic to consider the relationship between gunpowder as a commodity and: the policies and authorities of the state, international trade, colonialism, and imperialism.
The book's origin is interesting: In 1996, the International Committee for the History of Technology (ICOHTEC) held its 23rd Symposium in Budapest, Hungary, for scholars in the fields of musicology and technology.