But the International Commission on Large Dams (ICOLD), a group of public- and private-sector organizations concerned with the building and maintenance of dams, has reservations about the process involved in securing the consent of people affected by dams.
What does ICLD stand for?
ICLD stands for International Commission on Large Dams
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ICLD
We have 2 other meanings of ICLD in our Acronym Attic
- Institute for Career and Leisure Development
- Institute for Curriculum and Learning Development
- Inter-Channel Level Difference
- Interagency Committee on Learning Disabilities (Canada)
- Interfaculty Committee for Laboratory Development (American University of Beirut)
- Interlab Cell Line Database
- International Center for Law in Development (New York, NY)
- International Center for Leadership Development
- International Center of Local Democracy (Sweden)
- International Christian Literature Distributors, Inc.
- International Conference on Land Degradation
- International Course on Land Drainage
- Isolinear Computer Library Database
- it.comp.lang.delphi (newsgroup)
- Imperial College London Diabetes Centre (Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates)
- International Conference on Language Documentation and Conservation
- International Council of Lay Dominican Fraternities
- International Centre for Low Dose Radiation Research (University of Ottawa, Canada)
- Intelligent Cavity Layout Design System
- Inter-Campus Library Delivery Service
Samples in periodicals archive:
Wolfgang Pircher, former president of the International Commission on Large Dams, warned in 1992 that the industry faced "a serious general counter-movement that has already succeeded in reducing the prestige of dam engineering in the public eye, and it is starting to make work difficult for our profession.
Energy Editors/Business Editors/High-Tech Writers International Commission On Large Dams (ICOLD) MONTREAL--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 16, 2003 Scompi 330 Models Significantly Help Improve Welding Quality in Assembly and Repair of Hydropower Turbines, Head-Gates and Penstock The Vision and Robotics group of Invensys Systems Inc.