Complete ephemerides and magnitude parameters for all comets predicted to be brighter than about mag 21 are given in the International Comet Quarterly Handbook; details of subscription to the ICQ are available on the Internet.
What does ICQ stand for?
ICQ stands for International Comet Quarterly
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ICQ
We have 29 other meanings of ICQ in our Acronym Attic
- International Conference on Personal Wireless Communications (IEEE)
- Imperial County Public Works Department (El Centro, CA)
- International Conference on the Properties of Water and Steam
- Iowa Community Private Well Study
- Iredell County Partnership for Young Children (North Carolina)
- I Seek You
- Individual Census Questionnaire
- Infant Characteristic Questionnaire
- Installation Commander's Quarters (US Army)
- Internal Control Questionnaire
- International Country Quartet
- Internet Chat Query (instant messaging platform)
- Incremental Coverage Quality Algorithm
- International College of Queensland Australia
- Inventory Control and Quality Assurance
- Intelligence Community Quality Council (DCI)
- International Cocoa Quarantine Centre (UK)
- International Congress of Quantum Chemistry (est. 1973)
- International Convention on Quality Control Circles
- International Council for Quality Function Deployment (customer quality approach; Ann Arbor, MI)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Guy Hurst has continued to publish the Section's observations in The Astronomer magazine, and they are also published in International Comet Quarterly format on the Section's web page.
There are many descriptions from BAA observers, though these seem to come from IAUC or International Comet Quarterly records.
We have set a cutoff date of the year 1974 because there is a very strong observational bias in detecting splitting events; splittings and disintegrations of comets since that year are reported in the Split Comets List of the International Comet Quarterly.