He won world titles in five weight divisions and defeated future fellow International Boxing Hall of Fame inductees Wilfred Benitez, Thomas Hearns, Roberto Duran and Marvin Hagler to be named "Boxer of the Decade" for the 1980s.
What does IBHOF stand for?
IBHOF stands for International Boxing Hall of Fame
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- International Bibliography of Historical Demography
- Illinois Business Hall of Fame (Macomb, IL)
- International Barrel Horse Federation (Delaneys Creek, Queensland, Australia)
- International Boxing Hall of Fame
- International Body Harmony Guild
- Independent Bureau for Humanitarian Issues (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Integrated Behavioral Health Information System (Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health; California)
- International Baccalaureate Higher Level Mathematics
- Idaho Black History Museum
- International Baccalaureate History of the Americas
- Integrated Behavioral Health Primary Care
- Interagency Behavioral Health Purchasing Collaborative (New Mexico)
- Iron Bridge Hounds Pony Club (Maryland)
- International Bill of Human Rights
- International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners (Washington, DC)
- Independent Backpacker Hostels Scotland (now Scottish Independent Hostels; UK)
- Ingenieurbüro Höhne und Schreckenberger (German engineering company)
- Inland Behavioral and Health Services (San Bernardino, CA)
- Institute for Business and Home Safety
- Integrated Behavioral Health Services
Samples in periodicals archive:
odyssey=nav%7Chead) Reports indicate that Steward, an inductee of both the International Boxing Hall Of Fame and the World Boxing Hall of Fame, had recently been hospitalized for a stomach disorder known as diverticulitis.
KEN BUCHANAN (BOXING) First British boxer to be inducted into International Boxing Hall of Fame, Buchanan just edges Jim Watt.
Leonard was the first boxer to earn over 100 million dollars in purses, and is widely considered to be one of the best boxers of all time, winning world titles in five weight divisions and defeating future fellow International Boxing Hall of Fame inductees Wilfred Benitez, Thomas Hearns, Roberto Duran and Marvin Hagler.
He is an inductee of both the International Boxing Hall of Fame and the World Boxing Hall of Fame.
NEW YORK: Former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson and three-division winner Julio Cesar Chavez of Mexico were named Tuesday to the International Boxing Hall of Fame.
In 1996 he was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame as manager/trainer.
In addition to his distinguished career as a sports writer, television and radio host, Nick was chair of the MA boxing commission, a member of the advisory board of directors of the Norwich Navigators, a New York Yankees farm team, and a former voting member of the international boxing hall of fame.