Similar to the requirements of the IMO PSPC for sea water ballast tanks, these regulations are designed to ensure the longevity of cargo oil tanks and stipulate that applied coatings must remain in 'good' condition for a minimum of 15 years, as defined by the International Association of Classification Societies.
What does IACS stand for?
IACS stands for International Association of Classification Societies
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IACS
We have 107 other meanings of IACS in our Acronym Attic
- Instituto de Arte e Comunicação Social (Portuguese: Institute for Art and Media; Brazil)
- Insurance Accounting Collection System (US HUD)
- Integrated Acoustic Communications System
- Integrated Administration and Control System (EU system to administer payments under the common agricultural policy)
- Integrated Armament Control System
- Integrated Avionics Control System
- Intelligence Acoustic Communication System (US DoD)
- International Academy of Cardiovascular Sciences (Minnetonka, MN)
- International Annealed Copper Standard for conductivity
- International Association of Chemical Societies
- International Association of Counseling Services, Inc. (Alexandria, VA)
- Internet Access Control System (cloud based security service)
- Iranian-American Cultural Society of Maryland, Inc.
- Improved Ant Colony Search Algorithm
- Institute of Administration and Commerce of Southern Africa (South Africa)
- International Advanced Center for Space Applications (University of Florence; Campo, Italy)
- International Association of Christian School Administrators
- Italian-American Community Services Agency (San Francisco, CA)
- International Association of Christian School Board Members (Colorado)
- Idaho Alfalfa and Clover Seed Commission
Samples in periodicals archive:
IMO's proposal has been put in force by the London-based International Association of Classification Societies (IACS), a group representing the world's 40-odd classification societies, each responsible for assigning various "classes" to ships (e.
NEW YORK -- On Friday, United Against Nuclear Iran (UANI) launched its Shipping Certification Campaign, calling on members of the International Association of Classification Societies ("IACS") to stop certifying Iranian vessels and drilling rigs.