All countries participate in the conventional arms trade and share responsibility for the 'collateral damage' it produces -- widespread death, injuries and human rights abuses," said Rebecca Peters, director of the International Action Network on Small Arms.
What does IANSA stand for?
IANSA stands for International Action Network on Small Arms
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of IANSA in our Acronym Attic
- Intended Average Net Remuneration (UK; physician earnings)
- International Association of Neurorestoratology
- Iowa Northern Railway Co.
- International Association of Natural Resources Crimestoppers (Buford, GA; poaching prevention)
- Imperial Andermani Navy Ship (Honor Harrington science fiction novels)
- Indiana Association of Nursing Students
- Indo-Asian News Service
- Institute of Air Navigation Services (European Flight Coordination)
- Intel Advanced Network Services for Linux
- Iowa Association of Nursing Students
- Ice Age National Scenic Trail (Wisconsin)
- India Association of North Texas
- International Association of Nanotechnology (San Jose, CA)
- International Association of Natural Textiles (Japan)
- Islamic Association of North Texas
- International Association of Nitrox and Technical Divers, Inc.
- Interlocuteurs Académiques pour les Nouvelles Technologies pour l'Enseignement (educational, France)
- Inter-American Naval Telecommunications Network (formerly Inter-American Navy Teletypewriter Network)
- Inter-American Navy Teletypewriter Network (now Inter-American Naval Telecommunications Network)
- I Am Not Technical Support
Samples in periodicals archive:
The research by Oxfam, Saferworld and the International Action Network on Small Arms, a London-based international network of NGOs working to curb weapons proliferation, estimates that conflict shrinks economies by 15% on average.
Based upon an internal strategy meeting of the British-based International Action Network on Small Arms that TNA reporter Tom Eddlem attended unnoticed, hope for gun banners hinged upon a future conference with a more compliant--perhaps even sympathetic--U.
The campaign was launched five years ago by Amnesty International, Oxfam International and the International Action Network on Small Arms.
and with strong international support from UN-sponsored organizations and from the International Action Network on Small Arms (IANSA).
As well, Project Ploughshares encourages support for a campaign, Control Arms, launched in October 2003 by Oxfam, Amnesty International, and the International Action Network on Small Arms (IANSA).