NEW YORK, May 2 /PRNewswire/ -- In direct response to a decision by the UK Association of University Teachers (AUT) to boycott a number of Israeli universities, the American Jewish Congress and the International Academic Friends of Israel (IAFI) today announced a joint offensive to thwart efforts to isolate Israel's academic experts in the fields of medicine, medical technology, high-tech and biotech.
What does IAFI stand for?
IAFI stands for International Academic Friends of Israel (New York, NY)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IAFI
- International Association for Feminist Economics
- International Association for Fire Safety Science (London, UK)
- Integrated Autologous Free Graft (transplant)
- International Art and Framing Group (Ohio)
- Israel Association for Feminist and Gender Studies (est. 1998)
- Idiopathic Aseptic Femoral Head Necrosis
- Ice Age Floods Institute (Richland, WA)
- Ikatan Ahli Fisiologi Indonesia
- Institute of Agriculture and Food Information (Czech Republic)
- Interfaith Alliance Foundation, Inc
- International Adult Film Industry
- International Aircraft Friction Index
- International Association of Fish Inspectors
- intrapartum amniotic fluid index
- Investigació en Anàlisi Financera i de la Incertesa (Catalan: Research into Financial and Uncertainty Analysis)
- Investigación en Análisis Financiero y de la Incertidumbre (Spanish: Research into Financial and Uncertainty Analysis)
- International Association for Intelligence Education
- International Association for Intelligence Education (Erie, PA)
- Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System (FBI)
- International Association of Food Industry Suppliers
Samples in periodicals archive:
The proposals also provoked counter-boycott campaigns, coordinated initially by the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, and later by the newly founded International Academic Friends of Israel (AIFI).
Andrew Marks, Chair of the Department of Physiology and Cellular Biophysics of Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons, announced today that a global consortium of leading academics and scientists has formed the International Academic Friends of Israel (IAFI) organization.