Hypofractionated Proton Radiotherapy for Low and Intermediate Risk Prostate Cancer Is Not Associated with Post-Treatment Testosterone Suppression; ASTRO 54: Poster Presentation 2416 6 Bryant C, Hoppe B, Mendenhall NP.
What does IRPC stand for?
IRPC stands for Intermediate Risk Prostate Cancer
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IRPC
We have 25 other meanings of IRPC in our Acronym Attic
- Interest Rate Protection Agreement
- International Radiation Protection Association
- International Retinitis Pigmentosa Association
- International Rugby Players Association
- Industriales Regiomontanos del Poniente AC (Monterrey, Mexico)
- Information Reporting Program Advisory Committee
- Internetwork Routing Protocol Attack Suite (software)
- Interprofessional Rural Program of British Columbia (Canada)
- Immigration Reception and Processing Centre (Australia)
- Indoor Radio Propagation Channel
- International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea (maritime law)
- International Research Promotion Council (Kerala, India)
- International Rural Poultry Centre
- Inwardly Rectifying Potassium Channel (mammalian cell)
- Intermountain Region Porsche Club of America
- International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea
- International Research Programme on Comparative Mycoplasmology (International Organizaion for Mycoplasmology)
- International Regulations for the Prevention of Collisions at Sea
- Infrared Proximity Detector
- Institute for Research in Planning and Development (Tehran, Iran)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The study is looking for men age 35 to 80 who have been newly diagnosed with low risk or intermediate risk prostate cancer.
It is widely recognized that a very large percentage of men with low and intermediate risk prostate cancer are over-treated due in part to the lack of a standardized, validated biopsy-based test to more accurately distinguish between aggressive and clinically indolent disease," said Peter Carroll, M.
A study presented by Mary Ellen Masterson-McGary, Chief Physicist at the CyberKnife Center of Tampa Bay, Florida, USA (formerly of the CyberKnife Center in Naples, Florida), described the results of 155 patients treated with CyberKnife prostate radiosurgery in five treatment fractions for low and intermediate risk prostate cancer.
Fuller is leading a study to further investigate both outcomes and quality of life effects of CyberKnife radiosurgery in treating low and intermediate risk prostate cancer using HDR-like - dose distributions.
The first patient treated had intermediate risk prostate cancer and was planned with MRI-CT fusion and fiducial marker insertion, and treated with dose-escalated 7-field IMRT with online cone-beam CT and electronic portal image verification.
The trial is the second Phase 1/2 study in CG7870, the other trial involving intraprostatically-administered CG7870 in combination with radiation therapy in newly diagnosed, intermediate risk prostate cancer patients.
CG7870, Cell Genesys' lead oncolytic virus therapy product candidate is currently being evaluated in two Phase 1/2 clinical trials -- the trial initiated today as well as a Phase 1/2 clinical trial of intraprostatically-administered CG7870 plus radiation therapy in newly diagnosed, intermediate risk prostate cancer patients.