Its humectancy, high solubility and low tendency to recrystallize provide new opportunities in the formulation of intermediate moisture foods such as granola bars, icings, fruit pieces for cereals and fruit bars.
What does IMF stand for?
IMF stands for Intermediate Moisture Foods
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IMF
We have 185 other meanings of IMF in our Acronym Attic
- Integrated Management Framework
- Intelligent Message Filter
- Intelligent Minefield
- Interactive Mainframe Facility
- Interactive Media Forum (india)
- Interdenominational Ministers Fellowship
- Interference Mitigation Filter
- Intergalactic Magnetic Field (astrophysics)
- Intermaxillary Fixation
- Intermediate Maintenance Facility
- Intermediate Moment Frame (steel structures)
- Intermolecular Attractive Forces
- Intermolecular Forces
- Intern in Marriage and Family Therapy (California)
- International Marketing Federation
- International Metalworkers' Federation
- International Migration Flow
- International Monetary Fund (United Nations)
- International Mozarteum Foundation (Austria)
- International Music Feed (est. 2005; music channel)
Samples in periodicals archive:
During product development, National Starch's researchers' goal was to create an ingredient that would provide the physiological benefits of fibre, without the processing problems associated with typical fibres, particularly in baked goods and intermediate moisture foods, such as breads, cakes, muffins, cereals and pastas.
Part four, microbiological aspects of food preservation by moisture control covers combinations of factors to obtain the microbiological safety of foods; microbial ecology interactions in the processing of foods; microbial stability assessment in high and intermediate moisture foods with especial emphasis on fruit products; detection and enumeration of microorganisms in hurdle technology foods with particular consideration of foods with reduced water activity; status of the mycotoxin problem in Latin America as related to local preservation and storage practices.