Panfacial fractures necessitate surgical maneuvers to restore the premorbid occlusion through intermaxillary fixation, as well as the freedom to manipulate the maxilla and reconstruct the midfacial anatomy.
What does IMF stand for?
IMF stands for Intermaxillary Fixation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IMF
We have 185 other meanings of IMF in our Acronym Attic
- Instructional Materials Fund
- Integrated Maintenance Facility
- Integrated Management Framework
- Intelligent Message Filter
- Intelligent Minefield
- Interactive Mainframe Facility
- Interactive Media Forum (india)
- Interdenominational Ministers Fellowship
- Interference Mitigation Filter
- Intergalactic Magnetic Field (astrophysics)
- Intermediate Maintenance Facility
- Intermediate Moisture Foods
- Intermediate Moment Frame (steel structures)
- Intermolecular Attractive Forces
- Intermolecular Forces
- Intern in Marriage and Family Therapy (California)
- International Marketing Federation
- International Metalworkers' Federation
- International Migration Flow
- International Monetary Fund (United Nations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, US), miniplate osteosynthesis holds technical advantages over intermaxillary fixation for allowing bone healing of fractures of the facial skeleton in that: plates are small and easily adapted, they are applied monocortically, the approach is intraoral, and the plates provide functional stability that is biomechanically balanced.
Headquartered in Plymouth, CT, Doctor's Research Group is a manufacturer of groundbreaking medical devices including the Echo+plus(TM) and PureTone(TM) stethoscopes, the Sherlock(TM) and Piranha(TM) bone screw/suture anchoring systems, and the Lockjaw(TM) intermaxillary fixation device.