An interim payment system until 2012 will pay about 10% of the installation cost.
What does IPS stand for?
IPS stands for Interim Payment System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IPS
We have 861 other meanings of IPS in our Acronym Attic
- Inter Press Service
- Interacting Particle Systems (probability)
- Interaction Pattern Specification
- Interactive Product Simulation
- Interactive Products and Services (various companies)
- Interactive Proof System (computational complexity theory)
- Interface and Power Subsystem
- Interface Performance Specification
- Interface Problem Sheet
- Intergraph Public Safety
- Interim Policy Statement
- Intermittent Positive Control (NASA)
- Internal Pipe Size (internal diameter of a pipe)
- Internal Product Specification
- International Palm Society
- International Paperweight Society
- International Parcel Service (King of Queens)
- International Parrotlet Society
- International Partner Search (US DOC)
- International Passenger Survey
Samples in periodicals archive:
Recommendation: To ensure that crop disaster payments under the Supplemental Revenue Assistance Payments Program can be assessed as to whether they comply with relevant statutes and regulations, the Secretary of Agriculture should direct the Administrator of the Farm Service Agency to develop and maintain data system documentation, including written business rules, of the interim payment system and the final automated payment system that are used to calculate and issue crop disaster payments.
Between 1997 and 2002, Medicare introduced an interim payment system for HHAs (1997) and prospective payment for SNFs (1998), HHAs (2000), and IRFs (2002).
The interim payment system (IPS) remains cost-based.
However, the interim payment system followed from 1998-2000 until the BBA-mandated system came into effect caused a significant decline in expenditure.
The HHA interim payment system was intended to control expenditures before the HHA prospective payment system was fully developed.
In his letter, Pearce wrote, "CMS has customarily used an interim payment system to fairly provide reimbursement for providers pending the outcome of a final audit.
The measure also excludes durable medical equipment from consolidated billing and provides for an extended interim payment system repayment schedule.