Depending on the reactor operating condition, there is the risk of high corrosion, oxide spallation, and blistering and intergranular attack of the aluminium clad materials when the thicknesses of the oxide layers reach greater than about 10 um .
What does IGA stand for?
IGA stands for Intergranular Attack
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IGA
We have 126 other meanings of IGA in our Acronym Attic
- Inspector General Act of 1978
- Institute for Gulf Affairs
- Institute of Group Analysis
- Instituto Guatemalteco Américano (Spanish: Guatemalan American Institute)
- Integrated Graphics Array
- Integrating Gyro Accelerometer
- Interactive Gambling Act (est. 2001)
- Interactive Genetic Algorithm (interactive evolutionary computation)
- Interested Government Agency
- Intergovernmental Agreement
- Interleaver Growth Algorithm
- International Gay Association (now International Lesbian and Gay Association)
- International Geothermal Association
- International Glaucoma Association
- International Goat Association (Little Rock, Arkansas)
- International Governmental Agreement
- International Graduate Achievement
- International Growers Association
- International Island Games Association
- Investigator's Global Assessment
Samples in periodicals archive:
Typical problems caused by acid stripping include intergranular attack (IGA).
Corrosive intergranular attack X-Ray Diffraction Results Appearance of Sample X-ray Diffraction Deposit Composition White deposit, chunks Calcium carbonate Light brown deposit Calcium carbonate & Calcium carbonate hydrate Light & dark brown substr Calcium carbonate & Iron oxide Dark brown substrate Calcium carbonate; Iron sulfide; Iron ox What is Corrosion fatigue?