The ONWARD (Oral Cladribine Added ON To Interferon beta-1a in Patients With Active Relapsing Disease) study: a Phase II placebo-controlled trial designed primarily to evaluate the safety and tolerability of adding Cladribine Tablets treatment to patients with relapsing forms of MS, who have experienced breakthrough disease while on established interferon-beta therapy.
What does IFN-B stand for?
IFN-B stands for Interferon-Beta
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of IFN-B in our Acronym Attic
- Institut de la Francophonie Numérique (French: Digital Francophonie Institute)
- Institut Français pour la Nutrition (French Nutrition Institute)
- International Federation of Numismatists (est. 1977)
- Islamic Finance News (publication)
- Islamic Foundation North
- Istituto di Fotonica e Nanotecnologie (Italian: Institute for Photonics and Nanotechnologies)
- Item For Negotiation
- Leibniz Institut Für Neurobiologie (German: Leibniz Institute for Neurobiology; Magdeburg, Germany)
- Interferon-Gamma Knockout (immunology)
- Interferon Alpha Gene
- International Federation of Nonlinear Analysts (Florida Institute of Technology; Melbourne, FL)
- International Federation of Nurse Anesthetists
- International FidoNet Association
- International Forum of News Agencies
- Islamic Forum of North America
- International Forum of News Agencies - Coalition for Peace
- Intraoperative Fine Needle Aspiration Cytologic
Samples in periodicals archive:
Interferon-beta is an injectable treatment for multiple sclerosis (MS).
Multiple sclerosis became treatable in 1993 Multiple sclerosis (MS) has become more manageable, in large part because of the availability of disease-modifying drugs typified by the interferon-betas.
have demonstrated in an in vivo model that a new variant of recombinant interferon-beta reduces the immunological response to the protein.
The multi-center, open label phase IIb clinical trial will determine the safety and efficacy of Alferon N Injection, a highly purified mixture of natural alpha interferons, in patients with relapsing-remitting MS, who have discontinued interferon-beta therapy because of clinical progression or intolerance, or who have developed neutralizing antibodies to interferon-beta.
along with collaborators from the University Campus Bio-Medico, Rome have identified an immunogenic region (called an "epitope") in the human interferon-beta protein sequence that activates human CD4+ helper T cells, the obligatory first step in the cascade that can lead to the production of neutralizing antibodies that inhibit the beneficial actions of interferon-beta.
AMEX:HEB) announced today that it submitted to the FDA a new clinical Protocol entitled "A multi-center, open label, study of Alferon N Injection(R) in subjects with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis, who have discontinued interferon-beta therapy because of clinical progression or intolerance, or who have developed neutralizing antibodies to interferon-beta.