S-PLUS is based on the "S" language developed by Bell Labs and is the only object-oriented software environment specifically created for interactive data exploration and analysis.
What does IDEA stand for?
IDEA stands for Interactive Data Exploration and Analysis
This definition appears somewhat frequently
See other definitions of IDEA
We have 241 other meanings of IDEA in our Acronym Attic
- Instituto de Derecho y Economía Ambiental (Spanish: Institute for Environmental Law and Economics)
- Instituto para el Desarrollo de Antioquia (Medellín, Colombia)
- Instituto para el Desarrollo Empresarial de la Argentina
- Integrated Data for Enforcement Analysis
- Integrated Design Engineering Activity
- Integrated Design/Engineering Aide
- Integrated Development Emulation and Analysis
- Integrity Design & Engineering Associates (engineering firm)
- Intelligent Design Aid
- Intelligent Document Exchange Architecture
- Interdisciplinary Education and Action Program
- International Dance Exercise Association
- International Data Encryption Algorithm (cryptography method by Xuejia Lai and James Massey)
- International Data Exchange Association
- International Database for Ecoprofile Analysis
- International Debate Education Association
- International Defense Educational Arrangement
- International Design Excellence Awards (Industrial Designers Society of America)
- International Development Enterprise Associates
- International Dialects of English Archive
Samples in periodicals archive:
S-PLUS is the only object-oriented software environment specifically created for interactive data exploration and analysis and contains over 1,400 functions, including modern robust methods which are widely used with financial data.
S+SpatialStats features include: o Contour plots and 3-D point clouds o Variogram visualization and estimation o Kriging prediction at arbitrary locations with standard errors o Hexagonal bin plots o Point maps that include regional boundaries and nearest neighbor search routines o Spatial correlation measures and smoothing o Spatial regression models including conditional and simultaneous autoregressive models o Simulation of spatial random processes S-PLUS is the only object-oriented software environment specifically created for interactive data exploration and analysis.