While the twinax connector has limited cable length, 10G links can be used to connect to high performance switches or as inter-switch links to overcome this issue.
What does ISL stand for?
ISL stands for Inter-Switch Link (Cisco)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of ISL
We have 212 other meanings of ISL in our Acronym Attic
- Institute of State and Law
- Integral Senior Living, LLC (senior care residential facilities; Carlsbad, CA)
- Integrated Schottky Logic
- Integrated Service-Learning (various schools)
- Integrated Services Lab (Sprint - Ion Lab)
- Integrated Sidelobe Level
- Integrated Stop Loss (insurance)
- Integrated Systems Laboratory
- Intelligent Systems Laboratory
- Inter-Shelter LAN
- Interactive System Language
- Intermediate Silicon Layers
- International School of Lausanne (Lausanne, Switzerland)
- International School of Luxembourg
- International Sign Language (auxiliary language)
- International Student Life (various schools)
- Internet Solutions Limited (Canada)
- Intersatellite Link
- Intersite Link
- Inverse Square Law (physics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The scalability of the 3900 series stretches from 48 to 576 ports of non-blocking connectivity without wasting ports on inter-switch links, leading to a flatter and simpler network.
The MP-8000B is based on Fabric OS (FOS) with extensions covering FCoE and CEE and delivers distributed intelligence throughout the network, while enabling a range of value-added applications and advanced fabric services, including Fabric Watch, Inter-Switch Link (ISL) Trunking and Advanced Performance Monitoring.
With VSAN trunking strategies, storage administrators can also consolidate previously separated physical inter-switch links (ISLs) over a single shared connection or set of connections.
In addition, the Brocade switch accepts software upgrades without interrupting the critical flow of data, allowing customers to start small and easily upgrade to support larger fabrics and more advanced features, such as Brocade Inter-Switch Link (ISL) Trunking, performance monitoring, and fabric security capabilities.
5W/port) * Inter-Switch Link (ISL) Trunking for higher throughput * Proven interoperability with leading video and IT infrastructure vendors The FibreConnect 8308, 8316 and 8324 are now available worldwide through distribution.
The MP-8000B is based on Fabric OS (FOS) with extensions covering FCoE and CEE, and it delivers distributed intelligence throughout the network while enabling a wide range of value-added applications and advanced fabric services, including Fabric Watch, Inter-Switch Link (ISL) Trunking, and end-to-end Advanced Performance Monitoring.
In addition, Fujitsu Siemens Computers customers will be able to take advantage of advanced Brocade SAN technology, including Inter-Switch Link (ISL) Trunking, Advanced Performance Monitoring, Secure Fabric OS, Fabric Manager, Fabric Watch, and hot code load/activation.