The Organization of American States (OAS) and all its affiliated institutions--the Inter-American Defense Board (IADB), the Inter-American Treaty of Reciprocal Assistance (Rio Treaty), the Inter-American Defense College (IADC), and the Inter-American Human Rights Commission (IACHR) --remained in the eye of the hurricane when, at the closing of its 42nd General Assembly in Bolivia in June, member countries approved a six-month period in which to analyze a program of "deep reforms in the structure of the inter-American system.
What does IATRA stand for?
IATRA stands for Inter-American Treaty of Reciprocal Assistance (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; 1947)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- International Agricultural Trade and Policy Center (University of Florida)
- International Accreditation of TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) Qualifying Organizations
- It's Always the Quiet Ones (Harry Potter fanfiction site)
- International Accreditation of TESOL Qualifying Organisations (Bristol, UK)
- Ice Age National Scenic Trail (US National Park Service)
- International Association of Tamil Research
- International Association of Transportation Regulators
- Iowa Traction Railroad Co.
- Is Amended To Read
- Israeli Association for Theatre Research
- International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium
- Infosec Assessment Training and Rating Program
- Infant Aphakia Treatment Study (ophthalmology)
- Information Access and Technology Services (University of Missouri - Columbia)
- Information Assurance Tracking System
- Intake Air Temperature Sensor
- Integrated Army Travel System
- Integrated Automated Travel System
- Interagency Transportation Solutions (Interagency Council of Developmental Disabilities Agencies, Inc.)
- Intermediate Avionics Test Set
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Inter-American Treaty of Reciprocal Assistance ("Rio Treaty") sets a standard whereby nations would respond in their common defense, with, the ultimate goal of creating a more secure environment, Our experience since September 11th in mobilizing hemispheric support and responses to fight terrorism under the Organization of American States (OAS) Charter and "Rio Treaty" proves that the current hemispheric security structure can address the region's security needs quite well.
As a part of postwar agreements that led lip to the adoption of the OAS Charter, the Inter-American Treaty of Reciprocal Assistance (Rio Treaty) was to play a substantial role over the next forty years in the resolution of conflicts and long-standing disputes that periodically flared between countries, as well as the shifting alignment of American nations in the Cold War.