The purpose of multilateral mechanisms and institutions like this conference, like the Inter-American Defense Board, the whole purpose of that is to achieve consensus on the direction of hemispheric defense collaboration.
What does IADB stand for?
IADB stands for Inter-American Defense Board
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IADB
We have 3 other meanings of IADB in our Acronym Attic
- Israel Anti-Drug Authority (est. 1988)
- Independent Automotive Damage Appraisers Association
- International Association of Dealers in Ancient Art (Netherlands)
- Independent Automobile Dealers Association of California (Sacramento, CA)
- Israel Anti Drug Abuse Foundation
- Instituto Andino De Artes Populares (Spanish: Andean Institute of Popular Arts; Ecuador)
- International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences
- International Association for the Development of Advances in Technology
- Industrial Area Development Board (South Asia)
- Integrated Archaeological Database
- Inter-American Development Bank
- ISIPP Accreditation Database
- Inter-American Defense Board Medal
- International Advanced Diploma in Business Administration
- International American Duplicate Bridge Club (UK)
- Israel Association for the Dissemination of Biblical Writings (publisher of the Hebrew-English Bible)
- Indiana Alzheimer Disease Center
- Indo Argyle Diamond Council
- Induced After Death Communication
- Inter-Agency Defense Command (Wonder Woman cartoon)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The CHDS noted Minister MacKay s support of the CDMA and of the Inter-American Defense Board (IADB), as instrumental to the improvement of hemispheric response to large-scale disasters, as well as in the coordination of efforts to address emerging threats and challenges to the region.
However, with their request to end much of the institutional structure of the OAS--the Inter-American Defense Board (IADB), the InterAmerican Treaty of Reciprocal Assistance (TIAR), the Inter-American Court of Human Rights (IACHR)--and the proposal to declare a ban on allowing foreign (US) military bases in Latin America, Morales and Correa were, as South Americans say, "stirring up a hornet's nest.
In the Western Hemisphere, the OAS and its various parts--including the Inter-American Defense Board and the Inter-American Defense College--provide a multilateral, legal, and democratic institutional infrastructure that can evolve to help meet the challenges of contemporary security and stability problems.
From 2000 to 2004, Freeman served as chairman of the Inter-American Defense Board, the world's oldest collective security organization, and as president of the Inter-American Defense College located in Washington, D.
The CHDS noted Minister MacKay s support of the Conference of the Defence Ministers of the Americas and the Inter-American Defense Board as being instrumental in the improvement of hemispheric response to large-scale disasters, as well as in the coordination of efforts to address emerging threats and challenges to the region.
The Organization of American States (OAS) and all its affiliated institutions--the Inter-American Defense Board (IADB), the Inter-American Treaty of Reciprocal Assistance (Rio Treaty), the Inter-American Defense College (IADC), and the Inter-American Human Rights Commission (IACHR) --remained in the eye of the hurricane when, at the closing of its 42nd General Assembly in Bolivia in June, member countries approved a six-month period in which to analyze a program of "deep reforms in the structure of the inter-American system.
The Inter-American Defense Board (IADB), headquartered in Washington, DC, is the international organization in charge of humanitarian demining in the American Hemisphere.