With these words, the Inter-American Commission of Women launched its First Hemispheric Forum on Women's Leadership for a Citizens' Democracy (April 4-6, 2011 in Washington, DC).
What does IACW stand for?
IACW stands for Inter-American Commission of Women
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IACW
We have 5 other meanings of IACW in our Acronym Attic
- Institutional Animal Care and Utilization Committee (various organizations)
- Internal Animal Care and Use Committee (National Centre for Biological Sciences; Bangalore, India)
- Intermountain Affiliate of College and University Residence Halls
- Iranian-American Community in the United States
- Idle Air Control Valve
- International Association of Cancer Victims (now International Association of Cancer Victors and Friends)
- International Association of Consultants, Valuators and Analysts
- International Association of Convention and Visitors Bureaus
- International Association of Cancer Victors and Friends, Inc (Cancer advocacy group)
- Immunization Action Coalition of Washington (est. 1994)
- International Association of Crime Writers
- Internationale Akademie der Coachingwissenschaften (German; Swiss science academy)
- Interagency Advisory Committee on Water Data
- Inter-Agency Committee on Women and Gender Equality (United Nations)
- Idaho Association of the Deaf
- IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force) Administrative Director
- Illinois Association of the Deaf
- Illness Anxiety Disorder (psychology)
- Immediate Action Directive
- Immigration Appeal Division (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sue Walmsley, examines the Pan American women's movement and the creation of the Inter-American Commission of Women.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] In early April, the Inter-American Commission of Women (CIM), with the support of the UN Women and of the Ibero-American General Secretariat, organized the First Hemispheric Forum on "Women's Leadership for a Citizens' Democracy.
To even begin to appreciate how indispensable the Inter-American Commission of Women has been In promoting and protecting the rights of women, it helps to step back in time eight decades and imagine a world without it.
A gender perspective should be part of the discussion of labor issues nationally and across the Americas, said Jacqui Quinn-Leandro, Antigua and Barbuda's Minister of Labour, Public Administration and Empowerment, and President of the Inter-American Commission of Women.
The Assistant Secretary General stressed that the OAS, through its Inter-American Commission of Women, has been focusing particular attention on the impact of HIV/AIDS on women and families.
Recently, the Inter-American Commission of Women (CIM) met in Washington to estimate the success of their efforts to advance the equity of women in public life and dignity of women at work.
For the Inter-American Commission of Women (known by its Spanish acronym, CIM), women's issues cover the full range of hemispheric concerns--from trade and globalization to peace and security.