The purpose of this quasi-experimental study was to (a) compare Tier 2 evidence-based intensive reading instruction to business-as-usual instruction for sixth graders with and without learning disabilities who were "far below" or "below" basic level in literacy and (b) explore the development of a response-to-intervention model in middle school.
What does IRI stand for?
IRI stands for Intensive Reading Instruction (various locations)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IRI
We have 166 other meanings of IRI in our Acronym Attic
- Informal Reading Inventory
- Information Research, Inc. (various companies)
- Information Resources, Incorporated
- Information Reuse and Integration
- Initiative and Referendum Institute (various locations)
- Institut des Relations Internationales
- Instituto Republicano Internacional (Spanish: International Republican Institute; various locations)
- Insulin Resistance Index
- Insurance Recovery International
- Integrated Resources, Inc. (various locations)
- Interactive Radio Instruction
- Intercept Related Information
- Interception Related Information (telecommunications)
- Interfacultair Reactor Instituut
- Interfaculty Reactor Institute (Delft, NL)
- International Reference Ionosphere
- International Republican Institute (formerly National Republican Institute for International Affairs, NRIAA, Washington DC)
- International Research Institute for Climate and Society (Columbia University, New York)
- International Research Institute for Climate Prediction
- International Roughness Index (describes road roughness)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Although intensive reading instruction can be helpful at any age, results are better when instruction begins as early as possible, at age four or five.
They call for intensive reading instruction for struggling students; an exit exam for students before receiving their diploma; peer review and support for teachers; and an accountability system that would rank all 8,000 schools and set up rewards and sanctions for the 430 worst-performing campuses.
Last week, the Assembly passed and sent to the Senate two bills that would provide intensive reading instruction for students and set up a peer revi system for teachers.
Community Education Pathways to Success (CEPS) offers intensive reading instruction for young people 16 to 24 years of age while helping to address non-academic barriers they may face.
Through special funding, the Texas Intensive Reading Instruction (IRI) Program will make available to qualifying districts and charter schools a list of selected intensive reading instruction programs appropriate for Grades 4-8 for the 2008-2009 school year.
This program targets additional resources for innovative reading programs and intensive reading instruction where it's needed most," said Bodack.