The Varian Clinac iX devices, along with Eclipse (TM) treatment planning software and ARIA oncology information management software, will enable doctors at the newly-constructed facility to deliver advanced treatments such as intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) and image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT).
What does IMRT stand for?
IMRT stands for Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IMRT
We have 13 other meanings of IMRT in our Acronym Attic
- Issue Management Resolution System (US IRS)
- Independent Motorcycle Repair Shop Association
- Institute for Magnetic Resonance Safety, Education and Research
- Internationally Monitored Retrievable Storage System (nuclear energy)
- Internet Mail Relay Services Survey
- Industrial Maintenance Roundtable (Australia)
- infant mortality rate total
- Institute of Management Research & Technology (India)
- Integrated Market Response Template
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (medical/cancer treatment)
- Interagency Management Review Team
- I Am, Are You?
- Industrial Metrology Research Unit (UK)
- Institute of Microbiology, Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ)
- Investment Management Research Unit (est. 2005; UK)
- Integrated Major Reference Works (Germany)
- Center for Intelligent Maintenance Systems (University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee)
- Fraunhofer Institut für Mikroelektronische Schaltungen und Systeme
- I Am Sorry
- I Must Say
Samples in periodicals archive:
The TomoTherapy TomoHD™ treatment system is a unique combined radiotherapy machine and CT scanner that delivers ultra precise, targeted image-guided intensity modulated radiotherapy.
The new linear accelerator at Velindre Cancer Centre in Cardiff is capable of delivering intensity modulated radiotherapy and image-guided radiotherapy.
Silverman uses some of the latest treatment modalities, including Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT), which precisely targets the tumor while minimizing radiation to vital organs.
But intensity modulated radiotherapy uses computer imaging to judge the depth and density of tissue, so radiation is given at equal doses.
Trials of a new system called Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy today show women are 30% less likely to suffer side-effects.
Postoperative radiotherapy of paraspinal sinus tumours: A challenge for intensity modulated radiotherapy.
The fact that Addenbrooke's so quickly decided to install their second TomoTherapy unit, and from local funding, is a testament to their belief in this technology, which not only offers the highest quality of treatment for significant cohorts of patients, but also a very cost-effective way of introducing advanced image guided and intensity modulated radiotherapy.