All three use an intelligent platform management bus (IPMB).
What does IPMB stand for?
IPMB stands for Intelligent Platform Management Bus (server system bus)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of IPMB
We have 8 other meanings of IPMB in our Acronym Attic
- International Philippine Martial Arts Federation
- Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria
- Internet Protocol Manager
- Internet Protocol Metro Area Network
- International Partner Martial Art Organizations (est. 1998; Arlington, VA)
- Intel Power Management Analysis Tool (evaluation)
- Interphase, Prophase, Metaphase, Anaphase, and Telophase (stages for mitosis)
- Interphase Prophase Metaphase Anaphase Telophase Cytokinesis (six phases of cell division)
- Institute of Plant and Microbial Biology (Nankang, Taipei, Taiwan)
- Integrated Portfolio Management Board
- Interuniversity Programme Molecular Biology (Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology; Brussels, Belgium)
- Investor Portfolio Management Business
- Isolated Perfused Mouse Brain
- International Police Mountain Bike Association
- Idaho Pest Management Center (University of Idaho, Boise, ID)
- Imperial Point Medical Center (Florida)
- Independent Personal Medical Care
- Independent Pest Management Consulting
- Indian Path Medical Center (Kingsport, Tennessee)
- Indraprastha Medical Corp
Samples in periodicals archive:
Switches to enable/disable either or both of the dual redundant Intelligent Platform Management Bus (IPMB) connections to the shelf manager; these can be used to test IPMB fail over and recovery features of the shelf manager.
The MegaRAC PM firmware provides system and board management, utilizing the Intelligent Platform Management Bus (IPMB) to access any other controller within a chassis and to manage the Field Replaceable Units (FRU).