A "first to certify" backup solution was delivered for NetWare 3, 4 and 5 -- with VERITAS Software also achieving a first for certification of an intelligent disaster recovery solution for Netware 5.
What does IDR stand for?
IDR stands for Intelligent Disaster Recovery
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of IDR
We have 170 other meanings of IDR in our Acronym Attic
- Instantaneous Decoding Refresh (digital TV)
- Instinctive Drowning Response
- Institute for Development Research, Inc. (Boston, MA)
- Institute of Dental Research
- Institute of Distribution Research (est. 1966; Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry; Japan)
- Institutional Digital Repository (various locations)
- Instituto de Desenvolvimento Regional (Portuguese: Institute for Regional Development; Portugal)
- Instrument Delivery Review
- Instrument Design Review
- Integrated Diagnostic Reconfiguration (electrical engineering)
- Intelligent Document Recognition (various companies)
- Intelsat Data Rate
- Inter-Decile Range (statistics)
- Inter-Domain Routing (IETF)
- Interdisciplinary Research
- Interest, Dividend, or Net Rental Income (US Census household income source)
- Interface Design Requirement
- Interfaith Disaster Resources (Gulf Breeze, FL)
- Interim Design Review
- Intermediate Data Rate (Sprint)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Additionally, when these products are used in conjunction with the VERITAS Intelligent Disaster Recovery Option(TM), an automated "bare-metal" disaster recovery of a SQL Server 2000 machine can be easily accomplished.
When Shared Storage Option is used in conjunction with Intelligent Disaster Recovery in either a Windows NT or NetWare environment, users may quickly restore a failed backup server to the point of the last backup on a Fibre Channel loop.
McDATA is first to introduce 10Gbit/s speed and its benefits, such as intelligent disaster recovery, and dynamic network provisioning of resources with embedded software for fault isolation, advanced diagnostics and heterogeneous performance monitoring from the application to the array.
Integrating with the Seagate Intelligent Disaster Recovery Option further automates system restores and gets the server back online in the event of a failure.
The company also chose VERITAS Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server to protect and restore email messages and the VERITAS Intelligent Disaster Recovery Option, a tool for simplifying and automating server recovery.
Intelligent Disaster Recovery retrieves the user's system and the critical data quickly and reliably up to the point of the last backup without reinstalling the operating system after hardware failure.
For more demanding applications, Winchester Systems offers Veritas Intelligent Disaster Recovery (IDR) software with all of the Disaster Recovery solutions.