While there, he instituted, for the first time, Counter Drug Intelligence Preparation of the Battlefield methodology.
What does IPB stand for?
IPB stands for Intelligence Preparation of the Battlefield
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IPB
We have 93 other meanings of IPB in our Acronym Attic
- Information Policy Board (Australia)
- Initial Participation Branch (US Department of Education)
- Insanity Prawn Boy
- Installation Planning Board
- Installation Property Book
- Institut Paul Bocuse (French: Paul Bocuse Institute)
- Institut Pertanian Bogor (Indonesian: Bogor Agricultural Institute)
- Institute of Plant Biology
- Institute of Plant Breeding (Philippines)
- Integrated Production Bundle (oil and gas drilling)
- Intelligence Preparation of the Battlespace
- Intelligence Preparation of the Border (US Border Patrol)
- Intelligence Property Book
- Intelligent Preparation of the Battlespace
- Interactive Processing Branch
- Intercept Priorities Board
- International Peace Building
- International Peace Bureau
- International Personal Banking
- International Powder Bulk (trade show)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Once deployed, GEOINT can play a crucial role in mission planning at the company, battalion, and brigade levels, especially when it is incorporated into the military decision-making process (MDMP) cycle and intelligence preparation of the battlefield (IPB).
That operational headquarters must develop the AO via a thorough mission analysis and detailed intelligence preparation of the battlefield (IPB).
An ERT must help locate and evaluate obstacles and restrictions, and this begins during the brigade and/or task force intelligence preparation of the battlefield process.
This is examined by looking at how force 'enablers' may contribute to Intelligence Preparation of the Battlefield (IPB) as a tool in mapping human terrain more extensively.
The focus of this training is on the doctrinal aspects of cultural awareness: the eight variables of the contemporary operational environment, consideration of noncombatants as part of the intelligence preparation of the battlefield, and the Every Soldier is a Sensor initiative.
For example, the S2, who normally provided an artillerized intelligence preparation of the battlefield (IPB), now conducted a more traditional IPB and demographic study of the many villages and towns in the AO.
For example FM 34-7 Intelligence and Electronic Warfare Support to Low-Intensity Conflict Operations (May 1993), and FM 34-130 Intelligence Preparation of the Battlefield (July 1994), are full of examples that account for culture and other civil considerations.