Chief of the Intellectual Property Unit at the Arab League Doctor Maha Bakhit, in remarks at the meeting, said the Pan-Arab regional organization has to have strong regional and international presence.
What does IPU stand for?
IPU stands for Intellectual Property Unit (law enforcement)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IPU
We have 101 other meanings of IPU in our Acronym Attic
- Indraprastha University
- Industry Policy Unit (Australia)
- Inert Prefill Unit
- Information and Publications (various organizations)
- Inpatient Psychiatric Unit
- Instruction Processing Unit
- Integer Processing Unit
- Integrated Police Unit (peacekeeping operations)
- Integrated Power Unit
- Integrated Production Umbilical (oil and gas drilling)
- Intelligent Processing Unit
- Inter-Parliamentary Union
- International Pacific University (Japan)
- International Partner University
- International Pedagogical University (Magadan, Russia)
- International Possibilities Unlimited (Silver Spring, MD)
- Invisible Pink Unicorn
- Irrevocable Payment Undertaking (finance)
- Isolated Power Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
As a former federal prosecutor and founding member of the Justice Department's Computer Hacking and Intellectual Property Units, Sullivan and his Facebook team partner closely with law enforcement to foster a safe online environment.
Maha Al Bakheet, Chief, Intellectual Property Unit, Arab League.
The department is also in the process of beefing up its Computer Hacking and Intellectual Property units to prosecute those who commit cybercrime.
Jennifer Van Tiggelen, solicitor in Hammond Suddard Edge's commercial and intellectual property unit, says: 'The Act imposes significant obligations on every business that holds information about living individuals, including personnel records, direct mailing lists, and IT databases.
The teams, called Computer Hacking and Intellectual Property units, or CHIPs, will consist of "highly trained men and women" who will focus on hacking, copyright and trademark violations, economic espionage, the theft of computer and other high-tech components, fraud, and other Internet crimes.
M&S has created an intellectual property unit which will work to define intellectual property rights and look at how they can be marketed.
In that capacity, he handled white collar, money laundering, FCPA, computer crime and intellectual property prosecutions, and was a founding member and co-head of the office's Computer Hacking and Intellectual Property Unit.