Molecular Phylogenetics Studying biodiversity in terms of taxonomic richness is essentially an exercise in recognizing morphological traits and relating them to existing taxonomic and nomenclatural keys, the final result of which is relating the specimen to a scientific name (authoritative taxonomic information on plants, animals, fungi, and microbes of North America can be found on the Integrated Taxonomic Information System Web site at http:// www.
What does GAP stand for?
GAP stands for Integrated Taxonomic Information System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GAP
We have 528 other meanings of GAP in our Acronym Attic
- Guaranteed Auto Protection (insurance)
- Guggenheim Aviation Partners (Seattle, WA)
- Guidance Application Program
- Guided Assessment Process (various locations)
- Guideline Appraisal Project
- Guildford Archiving Project (LSHTM)
- Gully Assessment Procedure
- Gun-Fired Antitank Projectile
- Güneydogu Anadolu Projesi (Southeastern Anatolian Project)
- Guyana Action Party
- Proletarian Action Group (Martinique)
- Global Adaptive Planning Collaborative Information Environment (US DoD)
- B-50/growth-associated protein-43
- General Amino Acid Permease
- Anti-Growth-Associated Protein 43
- Gay Asian Pacific Alliance
- Georgia Association of Physician Assistants
- German American Police Association
- Governance and Policy Analysis (program of study; Maastricht Graduate School of Governance)
- Grandparents As Parents Again (support group)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Organism vocabulary is based on the taxonomies of the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) and Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS), and supports searches for species names, genera and taxonomic terms at all levels, just as in EMTREE.
225% of the time, are listed here in ascending frequency: [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Sources: Dorland = Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary; ITIS = Integrated Taxonomic Information System of the USDA; ITISa = ITIS animal; ITISp = ITIS plant; NIMA = National Imagery and Mapping Agency (USA, default source for place names); OSPD = Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.