Integrated Ocean Observing System, Marine Mammal Commission, National Science Foundation, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Office of Naval Research, and Shell Oil Company.
What does IOOS stand for?
IOOS stands for Integrated Ocean Observing System
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IOOS
We have 4 other meanings of IOOS in our Acronym Attic
- Integrated Optics and Optical Fiber Communication
- International Olive Oil Council
- International Orthodox Christian Charities
- Iranian Offshore Oil Company (est. 1980; National Iranian Oil Company; Iran)
- International Organisation of Overhead Catenary Engineers (UK; railway industry)
- Independent Order of Odd Fellows
- Internet Order of Old Farts
- I'm Out of Here
- Interactions of Oriented Molecules (symposium)
- Intelligent Organisation of PCI
- Isolated Open Operator Station (tractor)
- Integrated Orbital Operations Simulation Facility
- In-Orbit Plane (US NASA)
- Inanimate Objects Party
- Increased Intraocular Pressure
- Increased Offertory Program (church offerings; various locations)
- Indirect Object Pronoun (education)
- Individual Oral Presentation (International Baccalaureate assignment)
- Individual Owner's Plan (surveying; Canada)
- Information Operations Platform (US Air Force)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Integrated Ocean Observing System, Silver Spring, Md.
Integrated Ocean Observing System in Silver Spring Md.
[R] (OGC) announced that the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) program Integrated Ocean Observing System (IOOS) is implementing a number of OGC standards.
Integrated Ocean Observing System (IOOS), spans coastal waters from the Canadian Maritime Provinces of Nova Scotia and New Brunswick to Long Island Sound.
POGO is comprised of the leaders of 37 oceanographic institutions and partner organisations and is focused on the development of global oceanography and integrated ocean observing systems.
5 million and includes the provision of systems engineering support to ensure consistency in the evolving Integrated Ocean Observing System architecture.
Advancement of ocean science and research + $60 million - New investments for the Integrated Ocean Observing System.