The caller is then given a list of arrival times, plus--for imminent arrivals--live flight status, updated every three minutes from the integrated Flight Information System.
What does IFIS stand for?
IFIS stands for Integrated Flight Information System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of IFIS
We have 15 other meanings of IFIS in our Acronym Attic
- International Forest Industry Roundtable (est. 1994)
- Interpolated Finite Impulse Response (digital signal processing filter)
- Indiana Federation for Immigration Reform and Enforcement
- International Federation of Iranian Refugees and Immigrants Councils
- International Federation of Risk & Insurance Management Associations
- Iowa Family Interaction Rating Scales (Institute for Social and Behavioral Research; Ames, IA)
- Industry File Information System (environment)
- Institute for Infrastructure Surety (US)
- Instrument Flight Instructors School
- Integrated Financial Information System (accounting)
- Integriertes Führungs- & Information System (German CVC2 System)
- International Federation of Information Processing
- International Flight Inspection Symposium
- International Food Information Service
- International Food Information System
- Internet Flight Information Service (New Zealand)
- Intraoperative Floppy Iris Syndrome
- Iowa Flood Information System (University of Iowa)
- Islamic Finance Information Service
- Israeli Financing Innovation Schemes for Europe (The European Commission, Community Research)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Standard features on the KC-390 flight deck include: five high-resolution 15-inch diagonal Liquid Crystal Displays (LCD), Integrated Flight Information Systems (IFIS) with electronic charts and enhanced maps, advanced Flight Management Systems (FMS) with Wide Area Augmentation System that supports Localizer Performance with Vertical guidance approaches (WAAS/LPV) and Required Navigation Performance (RNP) capabilities, advanced graphical flight planning capability, and an Information Management System (IMS) to manage databases and facilitate wireless interactivity with the ground infrastructure.
Integrated Flight Information System (IFIS) with electronic charts and enhanced map overlays.
The Rockwell Collins Pro Line 21 for the Learjet 60 XR also features an integrated flight information system in the cockpit - which enables electronic charts as standard equipment - allowing pilots to call up approach plates and airport diagrams on the flight displays.