Acting as a gateway and using the space-based Integrated Broadcast Service (IBS), air crews received current intelligence information on friendly and enemy forces, then automatically translated and republished the information via TTNT, ANW2 and Link 16.
What does IBS stand for?
IBS stands for Integrated Broadcast Service
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of IBS
We have 367 other meanings of IBS in our Acronym Attic
- Institutional Base Salary (various organizations)
- Institutional Brokerage Services
- Insurance Brokerage Service (various locations)
- Integrated Bar Code System (US Navy)
- Integrated Baseline System (US FEMA)
- Integrated Battle Space (NovaLogic multiplayer gaming arena)
- Integrated Biomedical Sciences (various schools)
- Integrated Biosphere Simulator
- Integrated Booking System
- Integrated Bridge System
- Integrated Broadcast System
- Integrated Business System
- Intelligence Broadcast System (US DoD)
- Intelligent Battery Sensor (automotive industry)
- Intelligent Bridge System
- Intelligent Building Systems
- INTELSAT Business Services
- Interactive Business Solutions
- Intercollegiate Broadcasting System (college radio stations)
- Interdisciplinary Biomedical Sciences (various schools)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Introduction The Army Broadcast Intelligence Office (ABIO) was chartered by the Department of the Army (DA) G3 to act as the Army's centralized manager for the Integrated Broadcast Service (IBS).
The company's STRATIS business, which is part of L-3's Services Group, in its role as the prime contractor for the Integrated Broadcast Service (IBS) program, has been recognized for achieving the project's in-service date within budget and ahead of schedule.
Operations training consists of a combination of live and simulated datalinks to Joint STARS (Surveillance and Control Datalink [SCDL] and satellite communications [SATCOM]), Integrated Broadcast Service (IBS) nodes of TRAP (Tactical Related Applications Program) Data Dissemination System (TDDS), Tactical Information Broadcast Service (TIBS), and Tactical Reconnaissance Intelligence Exchange System (TRIXS) using the Joint Tactical Terminal (JTT) or Commanders Tactical Terminal (CTT) radios.
June 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Lockheed Martin leads an industry team selected for the competitive first phase of the Integrated Broadcast Service (IBS) program, a Joint Services program that will effectively manage the flow of intelligence data from satellites and sensors to warfighters.
NEW YORK -- L-3 Communications (NYSE: LLL) announced today that the Intelligence Solutions division of its Titan Group (L-3 Titan Group) has been awarded a contract modification valued in excess of $26 million to the Integrated Broadcast Service (IBS) contract.
the Integrated Broadcast Service (IBS) contract for an estimated $60 million over seven years.
The JTT will also be the receiver and transmitter for an Objective Force, information superiority enabler, the Integrated Broadcast Service (IBS).