The integrated bridge system will include features such as solid-state and conventional radars, electronic chart display and information system (ECDIS), and one multifunctional workstation for access to ECDIS and ship control data (conning), as well as the adaptive trackpilot and a full package of navigation sensors.
What does IBS stand for?
IBS stands for Integrated Bridge System
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of IBS
We have 367 other meanings of IBS in our Acronym Attic
- Institute of Behavioral Science
- Institutional Base Salary (various organizations)
- Institutional Brokerage Services
- Insurance Brokerage Service (various locations)
- Integrated Bar Code System (US Navy)
- Integrated Baseline System (US FEMA)
- Integrated Battle Space (NovaLogic multiplayer gaming arena)
- Integrated Biomedical Sciences (various schools)
- Integrated Biosphere Simulator
- Integrated Booking System
- Integrated Broadcast Service
- Integrated Broadcast System
- Integrated Business System
- Intelligence Broadcast System (US DoD)
- Intelligent Battery Sensor (automotive industry)
- Intelligent Bridge System
- Intelligent Building Systems
- INTELSAT Business Services
- Interactive Business Solutions
- Intercollegiate Broadcasting System (college radio stations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Northrop Grumman Corporation announced that its business unit Sperry Marine is delivering a complete integrated bridge system (IBS) retrofit for the cruise ship Artania.
NEW MALDEN, England, May 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Northrop Grumman Corporation's (NYSE: NOC) Sperry Marine business unit is supplying advanced integrated bridge systems (IBS) for the new class of patrol boats being built for the Swedish Coast Guard.
To incorporate advances in systems technology and reduce manpower requirements, the program will include so-called "SmartShip" enhancements, such as a wireless internal communications system, an integrated bridge system for automated piloting and a fiber-optic ship-wide local area network.
The highly automated Litton Marine Systems (formerly Sperry Marine) integrated bridge system.
Some of the company's equipment will be used in Litton's integrated bridge system that allows ship operators to greatly reduce staffing requirements.
The FODMS is a unique, general-purpose, dual-network system that provides data and integrated communications between propulsion and power control systems, steering, navigation sensors, weapons systems, alarms, indicators and integrated bridge systems, as well as Aegis combat systems.
These integrated bridge system components will provide the Indian Coast Guard the most advanced shipboard navigation systems available today," said Alan Dix, managing director of Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine.