Deployed on a 74-meter (about 243 feet) aerostat, JLENS provides the warfighter with a low-altitude, single integrated air picture and the ability to conduct air-directed surface-to-air missile engagements.
What does IAP stand for?
IAP stands for Integrated Air Picture
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IAP
We have 401 other meanings of IAP in our Acronym Attic
- Institution of Analysts and Programmers
- Instituto Ambiental do Paraná
- Instituto Argentino del Petróleo y del Gas (Argentine Petroleum and Gas Institute)
- Instituto dos Advogados do Paraná (Portuguese: Lawyers Institute of Paraná; Paraná, Brazil)
- Instrument Approach Procedure
- Insurance Assistance Program (various locations)
- Insurance Association of Pakistan
- Integrated Access Point
- Integrated Action Plan
- Integrated Actuation Package
- Integrated Applications Promotion Programme (European Space Agency)
- Integrated Architectures Panel
- Integrated Archive Platform (Hewlett Packard)
- Integrated Armor Package
- Integrin-Associated Protein
- Intelligent Access Point
- Intelligent Agent Platform (scalable cluster computing)
- Inter-Active Payment
- Inter-America and Pacific (Peace Corps)
- Inter-Array Processor/Processing
Samples in periodicals archive:
And we will achieve an integrated air picture jointly that will ensure we can accomplish our missions in complex and crowded airspace, while minimizing or eliminating the risks of fratricide.
With the ability to track more than 100 targets at once, the Navy system allowed the Patriot and Arrow operators to see a single, integrated air picture.
This provides the warfighter with a low-altitude single integrated air picture and the ability to conduct air-directed surface-to air missile engagements.
Completion Date: June 2001 Title: ROADMAP TO THE SINGLE INTEGRATED PICTURE (SIP) Sponsors: VADM McGinn, N7; VADM Maya, N6: VADM Mullen, N8 Address the Key Elements of Development, Promulgation, Maintaining, and Utilization of a Single Integrated Air Picture in the Context of Naval Warfighting Completion Date: Stipulated published and accepted by the Sponsors as of 25 September 2001 albeit in electronic format Title: INTEGRETION, CONTROL, AND DECONFLICTION OF JOINT FIRES, PHASE 1 Sponsor: RDML Wilson, N76B The NDIA SLAAD Division report on "Integration, Control and Deconfliction of Joint Fires Study, Phase 1: Concept of Operations" was distributed in February 2001.
The ASOC combines air defense and air traffic control (ATC) radar inputs, provided by the country, to form an integrated air picture of the entire country and surrounding territories.
All primary objectives were accomplished in this first system field test of SLAMRAAM system: Radars tracked the target set; the target tracks were correlated; the integrated air picture was distributed over a netted and distributed radio network; and simulated engagements were conducted on all runs.
One of these was the demonstration of the JFires Single Integrated Air Picture to senior Army leaders in March.