Introduction Drawing on his military experience, research, and defense consultant work, David Kilcullen describes how to understand, distinguish, and defeat both a traditional and global insurgency in his book, Counterinsurgency.
What does INSGCY stand for?
INSGCY stands for Insurgency
This definition appears very rarely
- Integrated National Security Enforcement Team (Royal Canadian Mounted Police)
- Interfacial and Nanoscale Science Facility (US Department of Energy)
- Iran National Science Foundation
- Irish Network San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- International Network on Soil Fertility and Fertilizer Evaluation for Rice
- Implementing NetScreen Security Gateways (training course)
- Information Network Service Group (Mitsubishi Electric)
- Interim Network Steering Group (US EPA)
- International Naval Studies Group
- International Nickel Study Group
- Institute of Nursery Studies and Gender Development (Sri Lanka)
- Inspector General
- International Network on Small Hydro Power
- Instituto Nacional de Seguridad e Higiene en el Trabajo (Spanish: National Institute of Safety and Hygiene at Work)
- Initial Nuclear Safety Inspection
- Institute for North-South Issues
- International Network for School Improvement (London, England, UK)
- International News Safety Institute (est. 2003; Brussels, Belgium)
- Interactive Numeric Spatial Information Data Engine (University of Idaho)
- Iran National Steel Industrial Group
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Pentagon admitted in a report that progress has been "uneven" in the war in Afghanistan, with only modest gains against the Taliban insurgency despite a surge of US and NATO has gained the initiative on the battlefield.
The Pentagon admitted Tuesday in a report that progress has been "uneven" in the war in Afghanistan, with only modest gains against the Taliban insurgency despite a surge of US and NATO has gained the initiative on the battlefield.
The top military commander in Afghanistan said in an interview Sunday the public should not expect "decisive military victory" there, only the reduction of the insurgency to manageable levels.
More importantly, the insurgency is not winning and cannot win.
However, Gates' remarks reflect increasing tension and frustration within Nato about how to cope with the Taliban insurgency.
Insurgency and Counter-Insurgency in Iraq, by Ahmed S.
The Iraqi insurgency was taking shape, the Syrian border was wide open, munitions and arms dumps with over a million tons of weapons and ammunition were left unguarded and the American forces on the ground, far from beginning to adapt to the changes around them, were already thinking about going home.