Clamp studies specifically measure whole body insulin-mediated glucose uptake under controlled conditions of a combined glucose and insulin infusion.
What does IMGU stand for?
IMGU stands for Insulin-Mediated Glucose Uptake
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Intergraph Mapping and Geospatial Solutions
- International Medical Geography Symposium
- International Medical Graduates
- International Medical Guide for Ships (World Health Organization book)
- Irish Mapping and GIS (Geographic Information System) Solutions (Ireland)
- International Molecular Genetic Study of Autism
- International Molecular Genetic Study of Autism Consortium
- Immunogenetics database
- Institute of Management
- Italian Meeting on Game Theory and Applications
- Immediate Mode Graphical User Interfaces
- Institute for Meteorology and Water Management (Poland)
- Instytut Meteorologii i Gospodarki Wodnej (Polish: Institute of Meteorology and Water Management)
- Iglesia Menonita Hispana (Hispanic Mennonite Church)
- Immunohistochemistry (immunology)
- Impac Mortgage Holdings, Inc. (Irvine, CA)
- In My Head
- In My Heart (closing greeting)
- Infant Mental Health
- Information for Mental Health (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Insulin-mediated glucose uptake by GLUT4 is the rate-limiting step in carbohydrate metabolism.
Comparison of impedance to insulin-mediated glucose uptake in normal subjects and in subjects with latent diabetes.