The issue at the FCC involved a proceeding to overhaul the Instructional Television Fixed Service (ITFS) band plan and technical rules and determine whether educational institutions, public TV stations, churches, and nonprofit entities would continue to exclusively control the ITFS spectrum.
What does ITFS stand for?
ITFS stands for Instructional Television Fixed Service
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of ITFS
We have 3 other meanings of ITFS in our Acronym Attic
- Internet Top Fotografen Organisatie (German: Internet Top Photographers Organization)
- In The First Place
- Independent Tax and Financial Planners PC (Holland, PA)
- Information Technology Focus Program
- Information Technology Foundation of the Philippines
- Initiating Tender Floating Process (ElectronicTender)
- ITFlightPlan (software development process)
- International Tennis Fellowship of Rotarians
- Islam on the Territory of the Former Russian Empire
- Infant Toddler Family Specialist (credential)
- International Toll Free Services
- International Transfer Factor Society (immunoregulators)
- Irish Tropical Fish Society (Ireland)
- International Task Force for Sustainable Products (UK Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs)
- Institute of Tourism and Future Management Trends (India)
- Iowa Thin Film Technologies
- India-Thailand Free Trade Agreement
- International Trade and Freight Transportation Conference
- International Toy Fox Terrier Historical Society
- Instrument Tree Flow and Temperature Removal Instrument Assembly
Samples in periodicals archive:
WASHINGTON, June 10 /PRNewswire/ -- Clearwire lauds FCC decision to create new rules governing for the Multipoint Distribution Service (MDS, MMDS) and Instructional Television Fixed Service (ITFS) in 2495-2690 MHz band.
7 GHz range, commonly referred to as Multichannel Multipoint Distribution Service (MMDS) and Instructional Television Fixed Service (ITFS).
During the demonstration, officials from the defense, homeland security and emergency services communities, will monitor a live system test from Washington via two-way satellite link, getting a first-hand look at how Smart Nets makes use of the Instructional Television Fixed Service Band (ITFS) to provide dependable two-way wireless broadband communications to fire, police, EMS, and other personnel in the field in New York City.
The technical coordination agreements establish important guidelines to ensure the cooperation of broadband wireless carriers when building wireless systems in adjacent markets and operating in the Multichannel Multipoint Distribution Service (MMDS), Multipoint Distribution Service (MDS), Instructional Television Fixed Service (ITFS) and Wireless Communications Service (WCS) radio frequencies.
Digital Broadcast Corporation (DBC) has acquired additional Instructional Television Fixed Service (ITFS) transmission rights through spectrum leases in Mobile, Alabama and in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania.
By a 5-0 vote, the FCC approved on reconsideration more favorable rules for deploying two-way services over Multichannel, Multipoint Distribution Service (MMDS) and Instructional Television Fixed Service (ITFS).
The ruling also has positive implications for our Instructional Television Fixed Service (ITFS) license partners in that they have a new potential for access service and pay to learn service.