In 2010, the rate was 6,451 sq km, the lowest during the 23 years that the Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais (INPE) has been monitoring deforestation in the Amazonia.
What does INPE stand for?
INPE stands for Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais (Brazilian Space Agency)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Iowa Nebraska Primary Care Association
- Internet Protocol Control Block
- Institutul National pentru Prevenirea si Combaterea Excluziunii Sociale a Persoanelor cu Handicap
- Immigration and Nationality Policy Directorate (UK)
- Innovation and New Product Development
- Institute for Nonprofit Development (Mount Wachusett Community College; Gardner, MA)
- Integrated New Product Development
- Istituto Nazionale di Previdenza per i Dirigenti Di Aziende Industriali (Italy)
- Istituto Nazionale di Previdenza per i Dipendenti dell'Amministrazione Pubblica (Italian: National Insurance Institute for Civil Servants)
- International People's Democratic Uhuru Movement
- Indiana Non-Public Education Association (Indianapolis, IN)
- International Network for the Prevention of Elder Abuse
- Institute for Native Pacific Education and Culture (Kapolei, HI)
- Instituto Nacional Penitenciario y Carcelario (Colombia)
- International Network of Protein Engineering Centers (various locations)
- Institute of Peace and Development
- Initiative against Economic Globalization in Prague
- International Network of Protein Engineering
- Institut National de Prévention et d'Education pour la Santé (French: National Institute of Prevention and Health Education)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The space agencies that are members of the SpaceOps include: Canadian Space Agency, Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales, Deutsche Forschungsanstalt fur Luft und Raumfahrt, European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites, European Space Agency, Indian Space Research Organisation, Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais, Italian Space Agency, Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and Russian Space Agency.
In 2010, Earth Networks established a strong partnership with Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais (INPE), the National Institute for Space Research in Brazil.