The increase is due to the fact that distributors face problems in purchasing electricity starting May 1 since the Instituto Nacional de Electrificacion (INDE) offers a price 85% higher than current contracts.
What does INDE stand for?
INDE stands for Instituto Nacional De Electrificacion (Spanish: National Institute of Electrification; Guatemala)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of INDE
We have 1 other meaning of INDE in our Acronym Attic
- Conference on Information Networks and Data Communications (International Federation for Information Processing)
- Idaho Nonprofit Development Center (Boise, ID)
- International Conference on Information Networks and Data Communication
- International No Diet Coalition
- International Nuclear Data Committee
- Internordic Development and Consulting (Sweden)
- Iraqi National Dialogue Council (political party)
- International No Diet Day
- Intra-Nodal Data Distribution
- Independence National Historic Park (US National Park Service)
- Instituto Nacional do Desenvolvimento da Educação (Portugese: National Institute for the Development of Education)
- Intercooperação e Desenvolvimento (Portuguese: Mutual Cooperation and Development)
- International Network Design & Engineering (Sprint)
- International Network Development & Engineering (Cisco)
- Instituto Nacional de Estadísticas y Censos (Argentina)
- Instituto Nacional de Comercialización Agricola (Guatemala)
- Instituto Nacional de Defensa Civil (Perú)
- Industrial Development Corporation
- Instituto Nacional de Defensa de la Competencia y de la Protección de la Propiedad Intelectual (Peru)
- Information et Defense des Consommateurs Salariés (French consumer assistance association)
Samples in periodicals archive:
More than 110 police agents from the Fuerzas Especiales division of the Policia Nacional Civil (PNC) and 200 soldiers were sent in to clear the roads and safeguard the headquarters of the Instituto Nacional de Electrificacion (INDE)--the state-owned electric-energy producer--which was attacked by an angry mob, causing almost 400,000 quetzales (US$50,122) worth of material losses.
The electrical Energy Network Entity (EOR) will have its offices during the first year of operation in Guatemala, and the President of this entity will be the President of the Instituto Nacional de Electrificacion - INDE: Jorge Juarez P.