The Institute of the Motor Industry is encouraging IMI Awards-approved centres and colleges to enter the Outstanding Achievers Awards 2013, which showcases talent from across the UK.
What does IMI stand for?
IMI stands for Institute of the Motor Industry
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IMI
We have 228 other meanings of IMI in our Acronym Attic
- Initial Mode Identification
- Inner Magnetosphere Imager
- Innovative Manufacturing Initiative (UK)
- Installation and Maintenance Instructions
- Instant Messaging over the Internet
- Institut des Materiaux Industriels (French: Canada Research Council)
- Institut für Medizinische Informatik, Statistik und Dokumentation (Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz, Austria)
- Institut Métapsychique International (French)
- Institute of Medical Illustrators
- Institute of Medical Informatics (various locations)
- Instituto de Matemática Interdisciplina (Spanish: Institute of Interdisciplinary Mathematics)
- Integrated Machinery Inspection (engineering)
- Integrated Model of Interpreting (sign language)
- Integrative Medicine Institute
- Intensely Managed Item
- Inter-Process Method Invocation
- Interactive Multimedia Instruction
- InterModulation Interference
- Internal Market Information (EU)
- Internati Militari Italiani (in Germania 1943-45)
Samples in periodicals archive:
THE Institute of the Motor Industry has announced a series of nationwide events to promote awareness of careers in the retail automotive industry.
According to the Institute of the Motor Industry, over 11,000 young people take an apprenticeship in the automotive sector.
These facilities are mentored by prestigious international groups such as the UK's Institute of the Motor Industry and the German Cultural Institute for Driver Education.
Here Carly is working towards her IMI Level I in light vehicle repair and maintenance, which will enable her to become a member of the Institute of the Motor Industry.
Cardiff University Business School's Professor Garel Rhys, chairman of the Welsh Automotive Industry Forum and president of the Institute of the Motor Industry, said the recovery in sales was largely thanks to the Government's scrappage scheme, with only a limited impact on the motor manufacturing industry in the UK.
Seal client services and development director Steve Dann said: "This is a major win for the agency and follows on from our successful appointment earlier this year to implement a media campaign for the Institute of the Motor Industry ATA scheme.
He is Vice President of the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders, of BEN, the automotive industry charity and of The Institute of the Motor Industry.