Italy's National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology said Sunday's quake at 6:08 p.
What does INGV stand for?
INGV stands for Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology (Italy)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of INGV
We have 1 other meaning of INGV in our Acronym Attic
- International Network of Green Planners
- International Network of Graduate Recruitment and Development Associations
- Interactive Graphic Retrieval System
- Institut National de Gestion des Ressources Hydriques (French: National Institute of Water Resources Management)
- Isaac Newton Group Red Imaging Device
- Indonesia Natural Gas Resources Muturi, Inc. (private company)
- I'm Not Going to Say It
- English Socialism (From Orwell's 1984)
- In Situ Greater Saphenous Vein
- Instituto Guatemalteco de Turismo (Guatemala)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Italy's National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology caught the eruption on video and posted it immediately on YouTube.
Researchers at the National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology said the lava flow centred in the summit area of the volcano, originating from the New South East Crater.
The National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology in Italy said the Japanese quake happened when a huge tectonic plate shift shook up Earth's crust, leaving a rupture 250 miles long and 100 miles wide.
Now, according to a report in New Scientist, Anthony Lomax, a consultant seismologist based in Mouans-Sartoux, France, and Alberto Michelini of the National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology in Rome, Italy, have developed a way to spot this signature quickly.
In other experiments, Jacopo Taddeucci of the National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology in Rome and his colleagues used the toy called Silly Putty as a magma substitute.