Italy's National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology caught the eruption on video and posted it immediately on YouTube.
What does IGF stand for?
IGF stands for Institute of Geophysics (Polish Academy of Sciences)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IGF
We have 85 other meanings of IGF in our Acronym Attic
- Independent Gay Forum
- Independent Growth Finance Ltd
- Indigent Gentlewomen's Fund (UK)
- Induced Gas Flotation
- Inherently Governmental Functions
- Inoki Genome Federation (professional wrestling promotion in Japan)
- Inset Graphics Format
- Inspector General of Fortifications
- Institut de Génomique Fonctionnelle (France)
- Institute of Geophysics
- Insulin-like Growth Factor
- International Garden Festival
- International Gateway Facility
- International Gatka Federation
- International Genetics Federation
- International Golf Federation
- International Grating and Flanges, Inc.
- International Guitar Foundation and Festival (UK)
- International Gymnastics Federation
- Internet Governance Forum (Geneva, Switzerland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Friday's event took place at 1448 GMT and had its epicentre in Garfagnana, a mountainous area in northern Tuscany between the provinces of Lucca, Modena and Pistoia, Italian National Institute of Geophysics and Vulcanology (INGV) said on its website.
Nikolay Miloshev, Director of the Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy, and Geography at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
Researchers at the National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology said the lava flow centred in the summit area of the volcano, originating from the New South East Crater.
Lead author Stefano Lorito , of Italy 's National Institute of Geophysics and Vulcanology, said in response to emailed questions from AFP that the quake, if it happened, could have a magnitude of "seven to eight.
The head of the National Institute of Geophysics and Vulcanology, Enzo Boschi, said the strongest of the aftershocks had a preliminary reading of 5.
The research team was led by Shinji Toda of the Geological Survey of Japan, and included Jian Lin of Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI), Mustapha Meghraoui of the Institute of Geophysics in Strasbourg, France, and Ross Stein of the U.
14 TN269 Four geophysicists report on joint research results of the Russian Academy of Sciences Institute of Geophysics in Novosibirsk and the Norsk Hydro Research Centre in Bergen, Norway.