Also, Prof David Elliott from the Newcastle University's Institute of Genetic Medicine, has received PS160,000 to identify molecular "switches" which regulate the growth of prostate cancer cells, and could therefore be used to determine whether a man's prostate cancer is aggressive.
What does IGM stand for?
IGM stands for Institute of Genetic Medicine (Johns Hopkins Medicine)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IGM
We have 80 other meanings of IGM in our Acronym Attic
- Inheritable Genetic Modification
- Inhomogeneous Gibbs Models
- Input Grooming Module
- Insanely Great Mac
- Instantaneous Gain Modulation
- Institut de Génétique et Microbiologie (French: Institute of Genetics and Microbiology)
- Institut für Geophysik und Meteorologie (German)
- Institut für Geschichte der Medizin der Robert Bosch Stiftung (German)
- Institute for Global Management
- Institute for Global Mobility
- Institute of Global Movers (Australia)
- Instituto de Genetica Medica (Portugese)
- Instituto Geográfico Militar (Spanish)
- Instituto Geológico Mineiro (Portugal: Institute for Geology and Mining)
- Integrated Geological Modelling
- Interest Group Meetings (Canada)
- Intergalactic Media
- Intergalactic Medium (astronomy, cosmology)
- Intergas Marketing
- Intergovernmental Meeting
Samples in periodicals archive:
LEVY is with the division of general internal medicine and the McKusick-Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine at Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore.
It also hosts the Institute of Genetic Medicine, an internationally recognised five-star research institution.
Bardet-Biedl syndrome (pronounced BAR-day BEED-el) "is a relatively rare genetic disorder, but it has traits common to many people," declares Nicholas Katsanis, assistant professor in the McKusick-Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine.
``Virtually every human disease has a genetic component,'' said Laurence Kedes, who heads the Institute of Genetic Medicine at the University of Southern California.
NASDAQ:SQNM), a leading provider of genetic analysis solutions, today announced the purchase of Sequenom's MassARRAY([R]) system by the DNA Diagnostic Lab of the McKusick-Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine and the Translational Technology Core of the Institute for Translational Clinical Research at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
LEVY is at the division of general internal medicine and the McKusick-Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine of Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore.
The registry will be run by a specialist team based at Newcastle University's Institute of Genetic Medicine and headed by Professor Hanns Lochmller.