The brain is so energy-hungry that in humans it represents 20 percent of the resting metabolic rate, even though it only represents 2 percent of body mass, suggested Professor Suzana Herculano-Houzel and Karina Fonseca-Azevedo of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences at the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro.
What does IBMS stand for?
IBMS stands for Institute of Biomedical Sciences
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IBMS
We have 24 other meanings of IBMS in our Acronym Attic
- Institute for Biomedical Problems (Moscow, Russia)
- Interagency Bison Management Plan (Montana)
- International Breast Milk Project
- Inclusion Body Myopathy with Early-Onset Paget Disease and Frontotemporal Dementia
- Image-Based Modeling and Rendering
- Institute of Business Management and Research (Pune, India)
- International Bulletin of Missionary Research (New Haven, CT)
- Intentional Blast Mitigation Research Center (College of Engineering, University of Toledo, OH, USA)
- Institute of Business Management and Rural Development (Sri Lanka)
- Input Block Missing (Alcatel)
- Integrated Broadcast Management System (Pilat Media)
- Integrated Business Management System
- Intelligent Building Management System
- International Bone and Mineral Society
- International Business and Management Studies (various universities)
- Ion Beam Mass Spectrometer
- Institute for Biomedical Technology (Sankt Ingbert, Saarland, Germany)
- International Brigade Memorial Trust (UK)
- International Bureau of Mining Thermophysics
- Indiana Business Modernization and Technology Corporation
Samples in periodicals archive:
Disclosures: The meta-analysis was supported by the nonprofit Alfa Institute of Biomedical Sciences.
Burton's professional associations include current and prior memberships with the Institute of Biomedical Sciences (MIBMS), International Society for Laboratory Hematology (ISLH), ISLH Corporate Advisory Council, AACC and Industry Rep on USADA Blood Doping Panel.
Sarah May, of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences, said a screener undertaking a stressful job aimed at saving lives could expect a starting salary of just pounds 7000.
Tai-Huang Huang at the Institute of Biomedical Sciences of the Academica Sinica in Taipei, TW stated: "As the recipient of the first 850 MHz Ascend magnet installed outside of Bruker, we are extremely happy with the quality of the magnet and the ease of installation.
Ferreira, an investigator at the Department of Parasitology, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, to analyse data from 400 individuals tracked for malaria infections for more than a year in northwest Brazil.
Educated at Aberdare Girls Grammar School, she studied biomedical science in Bristol, specialising in transfusions, and became a Fellow of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences.
is a major partner in the Fudan-Cinpathogen Center for Clinical and Molecular Research in the Institute of Biomedical Sciences at Fudan University.