THE Institute of Biological, Environmental and Rural Sciences at Aberystwyth University has been awarded 226,000 euros as part of a 3m euro European project that could offer scientific backing to the claim that mountain lamb tastes sweeter - because it helps the environment.
What does IBERS stand for?
IBERS stands for Institute of Biological, Environmental and Rural Sciences (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- International Bowhunter Education Program
- International Business Exchange Program
- Image Block Error Rate
- Institute of Business and Economic Research (University of California)
- International Business & Economics Research
- International Business Ethics Review (International Business Ethics Institute; various locations)
- Ibero-American Conference on Artificial Intelligence
- Microelectronics Basic Services in Latin America: Foundry and Tests, EDA Tools, System Design, Industrial Promotion and Quality Control Services
- Promotion of Design of Microelectronics in Latin America
- International Board of Educational Research and Resources
- Institute for Better Education through Resource Technology
- Integrated Bit Error Rate Test
- Illness Behavior Encouragement Scale
- Institute of Biological and Environmental Sciences (UK)
- Institutional and Behavioral Economics Section (Agricultural & Applied Economics Association; Milwaukee, WI)
- Institutional Brokers Estimate System
- Intelligence Budget Estimate Submission (US DoD)
- Initiative for Bioinformatics and Evolutionary Studies
- Integrated Basic Education and Skills Training
- Illinois Birders Exchanging Thoughts (online group)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Institute of Biological, Environmental and Rural Sciences (IBERS) brings together the Institute of Grassland and Environmental Research and two of the University's departments - the Institutes of Biological Science and Rural Sciences.
The merger of Iger - the Institute of Grassland and Environmental Research - into Aberystwyth University next April will create a new Institute of Biological, Environmental and Rural Sciences (Ibers) and lead to an investment of up to pounds 50m over the next five years.