Weissman is the director of Stanford's Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine.
What does ISCBRM stand for?
ISCBRM stands for Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine (Stanford School of Medicine; California)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Indo-Swiss Collaboration in Biotechnology (Switzerland; est. 1974)
- Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Building
- Inter-Allied Staff Communications Board (US Navy)
- International School of Classical Ballet (Kirkland, WA)
- International Society for Clinical Biostatistics
- International Society for Computational Biology
- Indiana Stadium and Convention Building Authority
- Innovation and Science Council of British Columbia (Canada)
- International Symposium on Cerebral Blood Flow, Metabolism and Function
- Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Medicine (University of California Los Angeles)
- IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications
- Independent Schools Catering Consultancy (UK)
- India Supply Chain Council (logistics)
- Indian Specific Claims Commission (Canada)
- Infantry Section Commanders Course
- Information Systems Co-ordination Committee (UNICC)
- Integrated Solar Combined Cycle (energy technology)
- Inter-Granular Stress-Corrosion Cracking (also seen as IGSCC)
- Inter-Society Color Council
- International Securities Clearing Corporation
Samples in periodicals archive:
It's such a cool concept," said Longaker, professor of medicine and a leader in Stanford's Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine.
The Stanford University School of Medicine has recruited Renee Reijo Pera, PhD, to be the new director of human embryonic stem cell research and education for the Stanford Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine.
Because of the cells' apparent role in cancer, Irving Weissman, MD, who leads both the Stanford Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine and the Stanford Comprehensive Cancer Center, has made cancer and leukemia stem cells a primary focus of the school's expanding effort to treat cancer and develop new therapies.
Time is a precious commodity to stem cell expert Irving Weissman, MD, and as the director of the Stanford Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, he is disappointed that he's had to spend big chunks of the past five years focusing on creating duplicate facilities for his researchers rather than working to unlock the secrets of stem cells.
Irving Weissman, director of Stanford's Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, noted that, for example, analyzing the genes from new stem-cell lines can not be done at federally funded facilities on the campus.
The UK Centre for Cord Blood, is part of the Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine (ISCBRM) which draws together Durham and Newcastle Universities, the Newcastle-upon-Tyne Hospitals NHS Trust and other partners in a unique interdisciplinary collaboration to convert stem cell research and technologies into cost-effective, ethically-robust 21st century health solutions to ameliorate degenerative diseases, the effects of ageing and serious injury.
Any parties engaging in further delays of the state stem cell funding should consider the lives of those at risk to be their responsibility," said Irving Weissman, MD, director of the Stanford Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine.