Last March, the University of California, Los Angeles, announced it was creating the $20 million Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Medicine to conduct research on embryonic and adult stem cells that could lead to better treatments for HIV, cancer and neurological disorders.
What does ISCBM stand for?
ISCBM stands for Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Medicine (University of California Los Angeles)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Indian Society of Cell Biology (India; est. 1975)
- Indo-Swiss Collaboration in Biotechnology (Switzerland; est. 1974)
- Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Building
- Inter-Allied Staff Communications Board (US Navy)
- International School of Classical Ballet (Kirkland, WA)
- International Society for Clinical Biostatistics
- International Society for Computational Biology
- Indiana Stadium and Convention Building Authority
- Innovation and Science Council of British Columbia (Canada)
- International Symposium on Cerebral Blood Flow, Metabolism and Function
- Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine (Stanford School of Medicine; California)
- IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications
- Independent Schools Catering Consultancy (UK)
- India Supply Chain Council (logistics)
- Indian Specific Claims Commission (Canada)
- Infantry Section Commanders Course
- Information Systems Co-ordination Committee (UNICC)
- Integrated Solar Combined Cycle (energy technology)
- Inter-Granular Stress-Corrosion Cracking (also seen as IGSCC)
- Inter-Society Color Council
Samples in periodicals archive:
This paper demonstrates, for the first time, the clinical value of isolating pure human cancer stem cells," said Irving Weissman, MD, director of the Stanford Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Medicine, who was not involved in the study.