Now, more than ever, it's critical for our nation to remember and honor its commitment to the people and future of the Gulf Coast," says Chris Kromm, report co-author and director, Institute for Southern Studies.
What does ISS stand for?
ISS stands for Institute for Southern Studies
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ISS
We have 687 other meanings of ISS in our Acronym Attic
- Innovative Service Solutions (Florida)
- Input Shaft Speed
- Input Sub System
- Input-to-State Stability (mathematics)
- Inside Surface
- Insight Software Solutions, Inc.
- Inspection Selection System (roadside inspection software system)
- Installation Support Services
- Instant Start System
- Institute for Security Studies
- Institute for State Studies
- Institute of Social Sciences
- Institute of Software Systems (various locations)
- Institute of Somatic Sciences
- Institute of Space Science
- Institute of Statistical Science
- Institute of Sustainability Science (Kyoto University; Japan)
- Institute of Systems Science (National University of Singapore)
- Institutional Shareholder Services
- Instituto de Seguros Sociales (Colombia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
There's not a lot of love for Obama in many of these white Democratic strongholds," said Chris Kromm, the executive director of the Institute for Southern Studies.
Another new report by the Institute for Southern Studies entitled, "Hurricane Katrina and the Guiding Principles on Internal Displacement" delves into the systemic racism that occurred before, during and after the storm to explain why the racial balance in New Orleans has shifted.
In a survey last year, the North Carolina-based Institute for Southern Studies ranked Alabama 40th among the states in per capita spending on the environment.
Cecelski is a research fellow at the Institute for Southern Studies in Durham.
17 /PRNewswire/ -- MMA Praxis Mutual Funds and ICCR celebrate their sponsorship of the Institute for Southern Studies recently-released report "FAITH IN THE GULF COAST," the most in-depth study on the role of faith organizations in the Katrina recovery.
WALTER EDGAR Institute for Southern Studies University of South Carolina, Columbia