Spain is different from the first countries who led the way," says Lee Badgett, economics professor at the University of Massachusetts Amherst and research director of the Institute for Gay and Lesbian Strategic Studies.
What does IGLSS stand for?
IGLSS stands for Institute for Gay and Lesbian Strategic Studies (Amherst, MA)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Intelligent Gas Lift Optimization (oil and gas industry)
- International action on GLObal warming
- International Gay and Lesbian Outdoor Organization
- Institute on Globalization and Security (Denver, CO)
- Institute for Great Lakes Research (Bowling Green State University; Bowling Green, OH)
- Institute of Government and Law Reform (University of the Philippines)
- Intergroup on Gay and Lesbian Rights
- International Gay and Lesbian Review
- International Guild of Lamp Researchers, Ltd. (est. 1997)
- Iterated Generalized Least Squares
- International Gay and Lesbian Travel Association
- Igualada GNU/Linux Users (Internet forum; Spain)
- Internationale Grundschul-Lese-Untersuchung (German: International Primary Reading Survey; Dortmund Technical University; Dortmund, Germany)
- Israeli Group of Linux Users
- Immunoglobulin Lambda Variable Chain (immunology)
- Iowa Great Lakes Watershed
- Interagency Gray Literature Working Group
- International Gay and Lesbian Youth
- I Got Mine
- IGetMail (Lockstep)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Income inflation: The myth of affluence among gay, lesbian, and bisexual Americans," a joint publication of the Policy Institute of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force and the Institute for Gay and Lesbian Strategic Studies.
Lee Badgett, economist at University of Massachusetts--Amherst and acting executive director of the Institute for Gay and Lesbian Strategic Studies (IGLSS), a national think tank for research and analysis on GLBT social and policy issues.
We don't have higher incomes," says Badgett, who serves as research director for the Institute for Gay and Lesbian Strategic Studies, an Amherst, Mass.
This data, while hideously incomplete, is a really good building block of starting to get a picture of who we are," says Ann Northrup of the Institute for Gay and Lesbian Strategic Studies, pointing at the in-depth questions asked on the long form, which was sent to one in six households.
Lee Badgett A leading authority on I gays and money, Lee Badgett shows how far homo economics has come since the days rogue activists stamped pink triangles on dollar bills, "Yet we still don't have a good idea about how to use our economic power effectively," says the assistant professor of economics at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Badgett's career includes directing the Amherst-based Institute for Gay and Lesbian Strategic Studies, Building on her landmark 1995 study that found that gay men suffer an 11%-27% income gap with heterosexual men, Badgett in 1998 issued a report called "income Inflation," which challenges depictions of the gay community as a wealthy market flush with disposable income, "I think there's too much boosterism," she says.
This is a totally distorted picture of the economic status of gays and lesbians," says Lee Badgett, an economics professor at the University of Massachusetts and director of the Institute for Gay and Lesbian Strategic Studies.