On March 17, the Secretary, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) President and Chief Executive Officer Benjamin Jealous, and Richard Lapchick of the University of Central Florida's Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sport held a joint call with reporters to discuss the graduation rates of basketball teams in the NCAA tournament and suggest some ways to increase college completion for teams with low rates.
What does IDES stand for?
IDES stands for Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sport
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IDES
We have 26 other meanings of IDES in our Acronym Attic
- International Development Education Resource Association (Canada)
- Irrevocable Deregistration and Export Request Authorisation (Australia)
- International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
- Integrated Development Environment for Embedded Real-Time Systems
- Illinois Department of Employment Security
- Industrial Design
- Information Dokumentation Erziehung Schweiz (German: Information Documentation Education Swisse)
- Institut d'Education Sensorielle (French)
- Institut d'Education Sensorielle (French: Institute of Sensory Education)
- Institut d'Estudis de la Seguretat (Spain)
- Instituto de Desarrollo Económico y Social (Spanish: Institute of Economic and Social Development; Argentina)
- Instituto de Estudios Superiores (Spanish: Institute of Superior Studies; Argentina)
- Instituto Direito e Sociedade (Portugese)
- Integrated Debris Evolution Suite
- Integrated Design Engineering Systems (Laramie, Wyoming, USA)
- Integrated Disability Evaluation System (US DoD)
- Integrated Discrete-Events Systems
- Interactive Drawing-Editing Station
- International Data Entry Services (India)
- International Demonstration and Education System
Samples in periodicals archive:
FEDERAL GRADUATION RATE (2006 DATA) All AA Student Body 45% All AA Student Athletes 53% Male AA Student Body 38% Male AA Student Athletes 48% Female AA Student Body 50% Female AA Student Athletes 66% NCAA GRADUATION SUCCESS RATE All African Americans 62% Male African Americans 57% Female African Americans 76% SOURCE: THE INSTITUTE FOR DIVERSITY AND ETHICS IN SPORT NCAA GRADUATION SUCCESS RATES ACCOUNT FOR STUDENT ATHLETE GRADUATES WHO HAVE TRANSFERRED SCHOOLS, WHO ORIGINATED AT JUNIOR COLLEGES.
Richard Lapchick, director of the University of Central Florida's Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sport, told Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel.